It was organised by Warwickshire Trading Standards officials and police officers from the local Safer Neighbourhood team, who sent young volunteers into pubs and off-licences in Polesworth to attempt to buy alcohol.
What does SNT stand for?
SNT stands for Safer Neighbourhood Team (UK)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SNT
We have 62 other meanings of SNT in our Acronym Attic
- Swedish Neutron Scattering Society
- Silicon-News in Science and Technology (conference)
- Smith and Norris Security Training (New York, NY)
- Subaru-Nordica Service Team (joint venture)
- Special Needs Support Unit (UK)
- Southern New South Wales (Australia)
- Super Ninja Space Wars (gaming)
- School of Nursing, Social Work and Health Sciences (University of Guam)
- Sidney North Saanich Yacht Club
- Sakhalin Neftegas Technology (Russia)
- Sannat (postal locality, Malta)
- Scalable Network Technologies, Inc.
- Schmidt-Newtonian Telescope (coated-lens Newtonian telescope)
- Seasonal Normal Temperature
- Sensitive Nuclear Technology
- Serial Number Tracking
- Serum Neutralization Test
- Ship'n Track
- Show, Not Tell (also seen as S/NT)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Residents formed an action group which worked with the local Safer Neighbourhood Team, Broadacres Housing Association and Hambleton and Richmondshire Community Safety Partnership to gather the necessary evidence to support legal action to have the problem families moved out of the houses.
Among the organisations with exhibition stands were the NHS, South Tyneside Council, Northumbria Police, Connexions, the Stroke Association, South Tyneside Young Carers and Safer Neighbourhood team.
The local council and Safer Neighbourhood Team have now bolted wheelie bins to the ground or chained them up.
Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair said the work of community-based Safer Neighbourhood Teams was making people feel as safe as they did 25 years ago.
It is all about protecting communities where crime most occurs and catching those responsible for it," said Sgt Paul Kemp, of Nuneaton's Safer Neighbourhood Team.
Sergeant Nick Hill, of Northallerton Safer Neighbourhood Team, said: "I would like to speak to anyone who can identify the offenders and ask them to contact the police or Crimestoppers straightaway as I am intent on catching the offenders," he added.
Residents can just turn up with their bike and the West Shields and Riverside safer neighbourhood team, community wardens and police officers will be on hand to engrave the frame with the owner's postcode and house number.