Yet one left her baby boy safe Saturday at Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital, the third infant dropped off at the Valencia emergency room since 2001, when the state's Safely Surrendered Baby Law was approved.
What does SSB stand for?
SSB stands for Safely Surrendered Baby (law; California)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SSB
We have 317 other meanings of SSB in our Acronym Attic
- Storage Systems Analysis Working Group (est. 2005; hydrogen storage)
- Surface Ship Aviation Working Group
- Spring Summer Autumn Winter Snow (Japanese indoor ski area)
- Sons of Spanish American War Veterans
- Society for the Study of American Women Writers
- Soprano Saxophone
- Same Sex Attracted Youth
- Sekai wa Sore wo Ai to Yobundaze (song by Japanese band Sambomaster)
- Same Sex Attracted Young People
- Swindon Stoners Against Zombies
- Sainte-Savine Basket (French: Saint-Savine Basketball; Sainte-Savine, France)
- Salomon Smith Barney
- Salvador Santana Band
- Same Sex Blessings
- Sammamish Sublimation Band (Bothell, WA)
- Sandy Spring Bank (Maryland)
- Sapporo School of Business (Sapporo, Japan)
- School Sponsoring Body (Hong Kong)
- Schulich School of Business (Canada)
- Scuola Sub Bolsena (Italian diving school)
Samples in periodicals archive:
9 /PRNewswire/ -- The California Department of Social Services today announced a joint outreach effort with Safeway to heighten community awareness about California's Safely Surrendered Baby (SSB) law, which is also referred to as the Safe Haven law.
In California, the Safely Surrendered Baby Law allows an individual to safely give up an unwanted infant with no fear of arrest or prosecution for abandonment as long as the baby has not been abused or neglected.