However, Amano refused to include in his recent reports some safeguards findings and conclusions as provided in the Safeguards Implementation Report (SIR) in 2009, which says "Declared nuclear material in Iran remained in peaceful activities," and that the "verification of the correctness and completeness of Iran's declarations remains ongoing," The SIR is considered an essential document in furthering the Agency's verification mandate and in providing confidence to the international community as to the peaceful uses of atomic energy.
What does SIR stand for?
SIR stands for Safeguards Implementation Report
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SIR
We have 341 other meanings of SIR in our Acronym Attic
- Sport Imagery Questionnaire
- Super Italian Quakers (car racing video game)
- Swedish Institute for Quality (technology transfer)
- Seoul International Quilt Festival
- Shakespeare in Queens Park (University of Southern Queensland, Australia)
- Slovenian Queer Resources Directory
- Self-Initializing Quadratic Sieve (integer factorization)
- Stanford Institute for the Quantitative Study of Society
- Software Item Qualification Test
- Silicon Quantum Integrated Circuit
- Safety Interlock Relay
- Safety Investigation Report
- Sample Inspection Report (engineering prototype)
- Savings-to-Investment Ratio
- Scheduled Inspection and Repair
- Scholar in Residence
- School of International Relations (Iran)
- Scientific Information Retrieval
- Scramble Intercept Recovery
- Screening Information Request (US FAA; same as RFP)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It's surprising that media can get hold of an IAEA report that is to be made public at a meeting in June," he said, apparently referring to the agency's Safeguards Implementation Report (SIR).
NAM notes with concern, the possible implications of the continued departure from standard verification language in the summary of the report of the Director General, when stating that "Iran has not provided the necessary cooperation to permit the Agency to confirm that all nuclear material in Iran is in peaceful activities", and sought further clarification from the Director General on this matter, given that the Safeguards Implementation Report (SIR) for 2009 contained in Document GOV/2010/25 states that "while the Agency was able to conclude for Iran that all declared nuclear material remained in peaceful activities, verification of the correctness and completeness of Iran's declarations remained ongoing".