Safe and Secure Internet Gambling Initiative, a US-based non-profit association of members who aid efforts to legalise internet gambling, has announced that Representative Joe Barton, a member of US Congress and its House Committee on Energy and Commerce, has introduced the Internet Gambling Prohibition, Poker Consumer Protection, and Strengthening UIGEA Act of 2011, in US Congress.
What does SSIGI stand for?
SSIGI stands for Safe and Secure Internet Gambling Initiative (Washington, DC)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Space Station Integration Facility
- Stainless Steel in Fire
- State Self Insurance Fund (Kansas)
- Storage Security Industry Forum (Storage Networking Industry Association)
- Scuola Superiore di Informatica di Gestione (Switzerland)
- Security Special Interest Group
- Social Science Information Gateway (UK)
- Spread Spectrum Indoor Geolocation
- State Student Incentive Grant (program)
- Summer School on Internet Governance (EU)
- Stage, Size, Grade and Necrosis
- State Social Insurance General Office (Mongolia)
- Société Suisse pour l'Industrie Horlogére (French: Swiss Society for the Watch Industry)
- Society for Simulation in Healthcare (also seen as SSH; Minneapolis, MN)
- State Street International Holdings (Boston, MA)
- Stichting Sport Initiatieven Haarlem (Dutch: Sports Foundation Initiatives Haarlem; Haarlem, Netherlands)
- Summer School in International Health (University of Copenhagen; Denmark)
- Silver Spring Interfaith Housing Coalition (Maryland)
- Sisters Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary (Monroe, MI)
- Scenario Systems International, Inc. (Chicago, IL)
Samples in periodicals archive:
About the Safe and Secure Internet Gambling Initiative The Safe and Secure Internet Gambling Initiative promotes the freedom of individuals to gamble online with the proper safeguards to protect consumers and ensure the integrity of financial transactions.
WASHINGTON, June 20, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Safe and Secure Internet Gambling Initiative applauds Representative Jim McDermott (D-WA) for Thursday's introduction of the Internet Gambling Regulation and Tax Enforcement Act of 2011 (H.
23 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Safe and Secure Internet Gambling Initiative applauds the introduction of legislation today by Senators Ron Wyden (D-OR) and Judd Gregg (R-NH), the Bipartisan Tax Fairness and Simplification Act of 2010, which includes provisions to legalize, regulate and tax Internet gambling.