One big discrepancy between Bush's proposal, which is called Safe, Accountable, Flexible and Efficient Transportation Equity Act, and the Senate's proposal is the extra money the Senate wants to spend on mass transit.
What does SAFETEA stand for?
SAFETEA stands for Safe, Accountable, Flexible and Efficient Transportation Equity Act
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Split Access Flexible Egress Routing (AT&T)
- Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response (US Department of Homeland Security)
- Steel And Foam Energy Reduction (racetrack barrier developed by University of Nebraska)
- Streamlined Approach for Environmental Restoration (US DoE)
- Students Active For Ending Rape
- Safety Investigation Report
- Safety and Fitness Electric Records System
- System on AWIPS (Advanced Weather Interactive Processing System) for Forecasting and Evaluation of Seas
- Sexual Assault and Family Trauma (Spokane, Washington)
- Security And Fire Escape Training & Education
- Safe, Accountable, Flexible and Efficient Transportation Equity Act: A Legacy for Users
- Safe, Accountable, Flexible, Efficient Transportation Equity Act: A Legacy for Users (US DOT)
- Safe Technologies International, Inc.
- Safety Abroad First - Educational Travel Information
- Scenario Analysis For Effective Technology Integration
- Software for the Assessment of Fire, Explosion and Toxic Impacts
- Save Adolescent Females by Empowering Today’s Youth
- Society for the Advancement of Firearms and Effective Training of Youth
- Sun Awareness For Educating Today's Youth
- Support Anti-Terrorism by Fostering Effective Technologies Act of 2002
Samples in periodicals archive:
Despite a veto threat from the Bush Administration, the United States Senate is expected to overwhelming pass the Safe, Accountable, Flexible and Efficient Transportation Equity Act.