This is a sacrificial layer of additional protective coating intended to burn off during the tempering process, leaving the desired coating behind.
What does SACL stand for?
SACL stands for Sacrificial Layer
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SACL
We have 29 other meanings of SACL in our Acronym Attic
- San Antonio Council for International Visitors
- South African Computer Journal
- Structured Anchored Clinical Judgment (behavioral science)
- Selective Acknowledgment
- Self Advocate Coalition of Kansas (Lawrence, KS)
- Steel Addiction Custom Knives
- Summer Adventure Camp for Kids (San Francisco, CA)
- Suppression of Asymmetric Cell Kinetics
- St Albert Canoe and Kayak Club
- Saskatchewan Association for Community Living
- Scotland against Crooked Lawyers (UK)
- Sydney Airport Corporation Limited (Sydney, Australia)
- Sydney Airport Corporation Ltd. (Sydney, Australia)
- System Access Control List (Microsoft Windows )
- South African Christian Leadership Assembly
- South African Computer Lecturers' Association
- South African Confederation of Labour Associations
- Southern Alberta Community Living Association (Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada)
- Supreme Allied Commander, Atlantic
Samples in periodicals archive:
After being removed from the source substrate through a selective wet etching of an underlying sacrificial layer, the nanoribbon arrays were transferred to the silicon/silica substrate via a stamping process.
The aluminum inclusions on the surface are a key in healing any micro cracks or porosity in the coating while the zinc provides a sacrificial layer.
The company says the sacrificial layer allows the roll to be machined with grooves or other surface modifications to exacting tolerances, just like a steel or aluminum roll, without affecting the structural layers of carbon fiber winding.
Customers have had to adopt costly and complex processing techniques such as "dummy" features and sacrificial layers, in order to address the limitations of conventional polishers.
The DSB 9000A is based on Nanoplas's High Density Radical Flux (HDRF) technology and performs, in one tool, key production steps in microelectronic manufacturing, including: - Removal of Bosch-process polymers, residues and photoresist from 80-250x C - Isotropic etching of organic sacrificial layers, and - Pre-wafer bonding activation "The DSB 9000A, the newest tool in our growing line of plasma processing equipment, outperforms conventional radio-frequency plasma and microwave systems, while greatly reducing the risk of surface damage," said Gilles Baujon, CEO of Nanoplas.
Ultraprecision Manufacturing of Self Assembled Micro Systems (UPSAMS) is a deposition technology that creates a sacrificial layer and a structural layer, both of which are milled to produce a part or cavity.
Mechanical structures are fabricated in silicon and the oxide layer of the SOI material can be used for multifaceted process needs, such as sacrificial layer removed to allow movement of a mechanical structure or used as an etch stop.