Freddie Mac, the Sacramento Valley Organizing Community (SVOC) and a coalition of state and national lenders today launched "Home Education on Wheels" (HEW), an innovative minority homeownership effort that uses a converted city transit bus packed with computers and trained financial counselors to put more families in touch with homebuying information and low-downpayment mortgages.
What does SVOC stand for?
SVOC stands for Sacramento Valley Organizing Community (California; est 1994)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SVOC
We have 2 other meanings of SVOC in our Acronym Attic
- Specialty Vehicle Operations (Ford Motorsport; now SVT)
- Starwood Vacation Ownership (Orlando, FL)
- Static Variable Ordering
- Stop Véhicules Occasion (French: Used Vehicles Stop)
- Straight Vegetable Oil
- Student Veteran Organization (Washington, DC)
- Student Volunteer Outreach (University of Pittsburgh; PA)
- Subject Verb Object
- Mixed Venous Oxygen Saturation
- Small Veteran-Owned Business
- Semi-Volatile Organic Compound
- Small Vessel Operators Certificate (Australia)
- Southern Vectis Omnibus Company (Isle of Wight, UK)
- Special Vehicle Operations.com
- Sport Vereniging Oirlo Castenray (Dutch sports association)
- Severe Veno-Occlusive Disease (stem cell transplant studies)
- Silicon Valley Open Doors (technology investment conference; est. 2005)
- Stacked Volumetric Optical Disc (data storage; Hitachi/Maxwell)
- Streaming Video-on-Demand
- Subscription Video on Demand
Samples in periodicals archive:
These 2002 winners of the Leadership for a Changing World award are joined by honorees the Sacramento Valley Organizing Community and the Burlington Community Land Trust, both of which work for affordable housing.
Vincent de Paul Society of Lane County, Eugene, OR -- Tenants & Owners Development Corporation, San Francisco, CA -- Women's Supported Housing & Empowerment, Somerville, MA Honorable Mentions ($2,000 grant) -- Housing and Neighborhood Developers, Omaha, NE -- Flint River Habitat for Humanity, Albany, GA -- Sacramento Valley Organizing Community, Sacramento, CA -- Bay de Noc Habitat for Humanity, Escanaba, MI -- United Housing & Educational Development Corporation, Tucson, AZ -- Chelsea Restoration Corporation, Chelsea, MA -- Chicanos Por La Causa, Tucson, AZ -- Proyecto Aztecza, Inc.