The work is scheduled for completion in 2013 and is included in the American River Common Features Program, a joint effort between the Corps, the state's California Central Valley Flood Protection Board and the Sacramento Area Flood Control Agency, to reduce flood risk across the region.
What does SAFCA stand for?
SAFCA stands for Sacramento Area Flood Control Agency (California)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SAFCA
We have 2 other meanings of SAFCA in our Acronym Attic
- Sigma Aldrich Fine Chemicals
- Slovak Agricultural and Food Chamber
- South African Federation of Civil Engineering Contractors
- South Australia Film Corporation
- South Australian Film Corporation
- Southeastern Association of Fire Chiefs, Inc.
- Southern Appalachian Forest Coalition (Asheville, NC)
- Stand Alone Fuel Control (engines)
- Stirling Albion Football Club (UK)
- Sunderland Association Football Club
- South Alphington and Fairfield Civic Association (Australia)
- South Australian Financial Counsellors Association (Adelaide, South Australia, Australia)
- South African Federation of Convention Cities
- South African Federal Council on Disability
- South African Federation of Civil Engineering Contractors (South Africa)
- United States Army Safeguard Command
- Saudi Arabian Fertilizers Company
- South African Forestry Company Limited
- South Australian Fishermen's Co-operative Limited
- Southern, Central and Eastern Africa Regional Committee for START
Samples in periodicals archive:
The levee work is part of the efforts by the Corps, the State Reclamation Board, and the Sacramento Area Flood Control Agency to increase Sacramento's level of flood protection.
NEW YORK -- Fitch Ratings has assigned an 'AA-' rating to the following West Sacramento Area Flood Control Agency, California's (the agency) bonds: --$13.
Army Corps of Engineers (Corps) and the Sacramento Area Flood Control Agency (SAFCA) will conduct a public workshop on Thursday evening in Sacramento to outline emergency repairs scheduled this summer for levee sites in the region.
Supervisor Nottoli is a member of the Delta Protection Commission, and on the Board of the Sacramento Area Flood Control Agency.
18, 1995--Natomas and North Sacramento residents will finally get 100-year-plus flood protection as a result of successful efforts by the Sacramento Area Flood Control Agency (SAFCA) to sell bonds to fund local flood protection projects.
NASDAQ/NMS:GCCO) announced today that Granite Construction Company, a wholly-owned subsidiary, has been awarded a contract by the Sacramento Area Flood Control Agency to rebuild levees and construct a stormwater pumping station near Sacramento.