Additionally, dreaming generally occurs during REM sleep, as well as physiological events including saccadic eye movements and rapid fluctuations of respiration, heart rate and body temperature.
What does SEM stand for?
SEM stands for Saccadic Eye Movement
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SEM
We have 372 other meanings of SEM in our Acronym Attic
- Saskatchewan Educational Leadership Unit (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada)
- Southeastern Louisiana University
- Safety Extra Low Voltage
- Separated Extra Low Voltage
- Small Expendable Launch Vehicle (NASA program)
- South East Lake View Neighbors (Chicago, IL)
- Small Expendable Launch Vehicle Services (NASA program)
- South East London Wargames Group (UK)
- Southeasterly (weather reports)
- Evangelical Seminary of Madrid
- Safety and Environmental Management (various organizations)
- Saint Etienne Métropole (French: Saint Etienne Metropolis; Loire, France)
- Sample Exchange Mechanism (US NASA)
- Samuel Eliot Morison (historian)
- Scanning Electron Microscope
- Scanning Electron Microscopy
- Scheduled Event Management (Sprint)
- Schlegel Electronic Materials (various locations)
- School of Economics and Management
- Schoolwide Enrichment Model
Samples in periodicals archive:
Saccadic Eye Movement The test displayed a randomly placed blue arrow (1.
The research team studied single neurons in vivo in three frontal cortical regions of the brain: the frontal eye field (associated with visual attention and eye movements), the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex (responsible for motor planning, organization, and regulation), and the supplementary eye field (SEF) involved in the planning and control of saccadic eye movements, which are the extremely fast movements of the eye that allow it to continually refocus on an object.
Saccadic eye movement, dysmetria, and lateral gaze nystagnms were observed.
During the desensitization phase, while the client is holding all of the identified target components in mind, the therapist induces saccadic eye movements by having the client follow the therapist's fingers in repeated bilateral movements.
The brain programs saccadic eye movements as a pulse-step process.
Letting the arrow in Figure 1 represent a single, rightward, saccadic eye movement and the asterisk represent a single flashing light, the bracketed array represents the phenomenal appearance.
The technology, which was developed by ATCI for NASA and Star Wars, allows for accurate tracking of even saccadic eye movement.