The report describes various natural sources of spindle poisons, including colchicine, curacin, combretastatins, cryptophycins, discodermolide, dolastatin, auristatin PHE, symplostatin 1, epothilones, eleutherobin, halichondrin B, halimide, hemiasterlins, laulimalide, maytansinoids, PC-SPES, peloruside A, resveratrol, S-allylmercaptocysteine (SAMC), spongistatins, taxanes, Vinca alkaloids, vitilevuamide, etc.
What does SAMC stand for?
SAMC stands for S-Allylmercaptocysteine (water-soluble sulfur compound present in aged garlic extract)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SAMC
We have 29 other meanings of SAMC in our Acronym Attic
- Susquehanna Area Mountain Bike Association
- System for Advanced Mobile Broadband Applications
- Systolic Accelerator for Molecular Biological Applications
- South Asian MBA Association (Fremont, CA)
- Small and Minority Business Activity Reporting
- San Antonio Music Business Expo (Texas)
- South Atlantic Migratory Bird Initiative
- Sam-Oborona Bes Orusyia (Russian martial art)
- System for Aligning and Merging Biomedical Ontologies
- System for Automation of Materiel Plan for Army Materiel/Budget
- SA Mobile Computers (South Australia)
- Sergeant Audie Murphy Club (US Army)
- South American Music Conference
- Southeast Alabama Medical Center (est. 1957; Dothan, AL)
- St. Anthony's Medical Center (Saint Louis, MO)
- Stochastic Approximation Monte Carlo (algorithm)
- System Aircraft Maintenance Control (United Airlines)
- S.A. Minera Catalano-Aragonesa (Spanish mining company)
- Southern Arizona Mechanical Contractors Association (Tucson, AZ)
- Sacramento Archives and Museum Collection Center
Samples in periodicals archive:
His group exposed the cells to S-allylmercaptocysteine (SAMC), a sulfur compound that forms as garlic ages.