In this abstract, preclinical results of treatment with EPZ-5676, a S-adenosyl methionine competitive DOT1L inhibitor, in a genetically defined rat model of MLL-rearranged leukemia are reported.
What does SAM-e stand for?
SAM-e stands for S-Adenosyl Methionine
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SAM-e
We have 39 other meanings of SAM-e in our Acronym Attic
- System for Award Management
- Systems Acquisition Management
- Systems Activity Model
- Systolic Anterior Motion
- Systolic Anterior Movement
- Speech Technology Assessment for Multilingual Applications
- Security Assistance Management - CONUS
- Security Assistance Management Course - Financial Management
- Security Assistance Case Management
- Surface-to-Air Missile Development
- Short Absorption Manifold (Nortec)
- Single Agency Manager-Pentagon
- Solar, Anomalous and Magnetospheric Particle Explorer Satellite
- Squad Advanced Marksman Rifle (USMC)
- Systolic Anterior Motion and Left ventricular Outflow Tract Obstruction
- Semi-Ab Initio Model 1
- Sperm Adhesion Molecule 1 (andrology)
- Subsequent Address Message No. 1 - No. 7 (ITU-T)
- Src Associated in Mitosis 68K Protein
- Salem Maritime National Historic Site (US National Park Service)
Samples in periodicals archive:
S-adenosyl methionine (SAMe) augmentation of serotonin reuptake inhibitors for antidepressant nonresponders with major depressive disorder: a double-blind, randomized clinical trial.
Thus, betaine has been considered to stimulate methionine synthesis or replace some crucial functions of methionine, and may also activate S-adenosyl methionine (S-AM) for effective hepatocyte regeneration (Kettunen et al.
NA is made from three molecules of S-adenosyl methionine, through the action of the enzyme nicotianamine synthase (NAS).
During that time, I was unsuccessfully trying to cure an alcoholic patient by various treatments, both pharmacologic (disulfiram, S-adenosyl methionine, lithium carbonate, carbamazepine, hydroxyergotamine-thioridazine, tiapride) and psychologic (Alcoholics Anonymous, psychotherapy).
The pill, official name S-adenosyl methionine, is a naturally-occurring compound found in human tissue and organs.
The company's rapid, mix-and-measure homogeneous assays have already been adapted for the detection of a range of important macromolecules, including cAMP, tryptophan, S-adenosyl methionine, PDE, biotin, insulin, C-peptide, albumin, C-reactive protein (hCRP), IgG, IgM, E.
SAMe FOR DEPRESSION In September, Consumer Reports published an article on Dangerous Supplements identifying S-Adenosyl Methionine (SAMe) as one of 11 supplements worth considering for certain conditions, including major depression.