In effect, Postini is an email ASP that has created an SMTP "bus" for the delivery of value-added email services, and done so in a way that is completely transparent not only to end-users, but their service providers--Postini's customers--as well.
What does SMTPS stand for?
SMTPS stands for SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) Secure
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of SMTPS
- Simple Message Transmission Protocol (computing)
- Small Mail Transfer Protocol
- Source-Model Technique Package
- Speculative Multithreaded Processor
- Strategic Medium Term Plan
- Sub Manifest Transshipment Permit (India)
- Société Marseillaise du Tunnel Prado Carénage (French tunnel management company)
- Simple Mail Transfer Protocol Daemon
- Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers
- Simple Mail Transfer Protocol Identity
- System Management Techniques, Processes, and Services (IEEE workshop)
- Standards, Metrology, Testing and Quality
- Ship and Marine Technology Research Board (United Kingdom)
- Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Research Institute (Japan)
- Saskatchewan Mathematics Teachers' Society (Canada)
- Satellite Modem Termination System
- Senior Member of Technical Staff
- Show Me the Stars
- So Much to Say (Dave Matthews Band song)
- Software Management Tracking System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Clearswift, continuing its drive to simplify content security, has taken steps to further ease the burden of email security on managers and administrators with the launch of its MIMEsweeper SMTP Appliance Version 2.
PC Pro awarded the newly released MIMEsweeper for SMTP appliance "5 Star" and "Recommended" ratings, Butler Group gave the appliance a positive appraisal in its "Technology Audit," and SC Magazine rewarded MIMEsweeper for SMTP 5.
The MIMEsweeper SMTP Appliance is based on a fully hardened Linux operating system, and will be available in three models for clients with fewer than 500 mail boxes, 500 to 1,000 mail boxes and more than 1,000 mail boxes.
This vulnerability is the result of a critical buffer overflow flaw affecting Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 and 2003, which results from the way Exchange handles one of Microsoft's enhanced SMTP verbs, potentially leaving e-mail servers open to attack.
Firstly, the worms employ their own built-in SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) engines.
Clearswift, the MIMEsweeper Company and world's #1 in Content Security, today announced that MIMEsweeper(TM) for SMTP 5.
Clearswift, the MIMEsweeper Company, today announced the release of the latest version of its flagship product -- MIMEsweeper(TM) for SMTP version 5.