In addition to utilizing Ericsson's Bluetooth software stack and profiles, the module uses a SIM Access Profile (SAP) that creates a link between a mobile phone's SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) card and an external GSM/GPRS device like a built-in car phone.
What does SAP stand for?
SAP stands for SIM Access Profile (Bluetooth service)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of SAP
We have 795 other meanings of SAP in our Acronym Attic
- Service Assurance Process (Sprint)
- Services Administratifs Proteck
- Servicios Automotrices Profesionales (Guatemala, work shop)
- Session Announcement Protocol
- Severe Acute Pancreatitis
- Shallow Angle Photolithography
- Ship Acquisition Plan
- Ship Alteration Proposal
- Shorted Annular Patch Antenna
- Shrimp Alkaline Phosphatase
- Simple As Possible (computer science)
- Simplified Acquisition Procedure
- Simulated Annealing Procedure
- Simultaneously Accessible Parts
- Síndrome de Alienación Parental (Spanish: Parental Alienation Syndrome)
- Single Assessment Process
- Single Auf Partnersuche (German)
- Single Electronic Access Point (trade)
- Sintered Aluminum Product
- Site Activity Plan
Samples in periodicals archive:
The module's SIM Access Profile enables easy integration of additional wireless devices, connection with smartphones and software applications, while analog audio processing and advanced voice support provide superior hands-free capabilities.
For the first time, an automaker is offering a communication solution using the Bluetooth SIM Access Profile that is factory-fitted in the vehicle.
New profiles qualified for XTNDAccess Blue SDK, which is the company's embedded solution, include Bluetooth Network Encapsulation Profile (BNEP), SIM Access Profile (SAP), and Hands-Free Profile (HFP).