After much success within the United Kingdom, FirstGroup plc purchased Ryder Public Transportation Services to form FirstGroup America in 1999.
What does RPTS stand for?
RPTS stands for Ryder Public Transportation Services (Ryder System, Inc.)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of RPTS
We have 5 other meanings of RPTS in our Acronym Attic
- Remote Play Transfer Protocol (computing)
- Rocket Propulsion Test Program (US NASA)
- Ruby Pickens Tartt Public Library (Livingston, AL)
- Recreation, Parks, and Tourism Resources (West Virginia University)
- Rapid Precision Targeting System (US Navy program at NAWCWD China Lake)
- Recreation Park and Tourism Sciences (Texas A&M University)
- Reformed Presbyterian Theological Seminary (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Residential Property Tribunal Service (tribunal service; UK)
- Real Property Transfer Tax
- Rubber Products Testing Unit (Malaysia)
- Rear Projection Television
- Rafi Peer Theatre Workshop (Pakistan)
- Radar Pressurization Unit
- Radio Phone Unit (US Navy)
- Radiological Preparedness Unit (California Office of Emergency Services)
- Rational Product Updater (IBM)
- Ray Processing Unit (computer graphics; ray tracing)
- Rebate per Unit (Medicaid)
Samples in periodicals archive:
FirstGroup first moved into the US market in 1999 with its acquisition of Ryder Public Transportation Services, a provider of student transport and later rebranded to First Student, and fleet maintenance services.
Public transport company FirstGroup gained 10p to 333p after announcing its first major move into the US with the pounds 602 million takeover of US bus operator Ryder Public Transportation Services.
Brunn has been with Ryder since 1988, when he joined the company as staff analyst - acquisitions, Ryder Public Transportation Services.
NYSE: R) has agreed to sell its Ryder Public Transportation Services, Inc.
With our new senior management team in place, and with the disposition of Ryder Public Transportation Services, Inc.
all Connecticut-based school bus transportation companies, it was announced here today by Ryder Public Transportation Services President John Dorr.
Ryder Public Transportation Services revenue increased 21% in the second quarter, and pretax product line earnings grew 27% (20% excluding the 1996 restructuring charge), compared with the same period of 1996.