While this certainly has been, and still is, the case for many people in Wales, the Rural Regeneration Unit are reducing the problem by offering fresh, affordable fruit and vegetables by linking community groups and schools with local wholesalers, producers and growers, so that all benefit.
What does RRU stand for?
RRU stands for Rural Regeneration Unit (UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of RRU
We have 28 other meanings of RRU in our Acronym Attic
- Reduced-Resolution Update
- Règlement Régional d'Urbanisme (French: Regional Planning Regulations; Belgium)
- Relief and Recovery Unit (UN)
- Remington Rand UNIVAC
- Remote Radio Unit (telecommunications)
- Remote Reset Unit
- Request to Research/Upgrade (Joint Personnel Adjudication System)
- Responsible Radiation User (McGill University; Montreal, Canada)
- Rock Raiders United (Lego enthusiast group)
- Royal Roads University (Victoria, British Columbia, Canada)
- River Road Unitarian Church (aka River Road Unitarian Universalist Congregation; Bethesda, MD)
- Ridgeback Rescue of the United States (dog rescue)
- Red River Unitarian Universalist Church (Denison, TX)
- Raccoon River Valley (Iowa)
- Radial Resistivity Variation
- Raices Reino de Valencia (Spanish: Kingdom of Valencia Estate)
- Rail Route Voyages (Swiss transportation company)
- Rapid Reaction Valve (GSR Ventiltechnik GmbH; Germany)
- Rapid Reaction Vehicle
- Rapid Response Vehicle
Samples in periodicals archive:
Across Cardiff, Bridgend, Merthyr Tydfil and the Valleys, there are approximately 63 food co-operatives which are run by government quango the Rural Regeneration Unit.
Richard Reast, a food development worker in South Wales for the Rural Regeneration Unit, said: "We are quite involved in the beginning, but there should not be any funding required.
The fortnight is being promoted by the Guild of Fine Food Retailers and the Rural Regeneration Unit and among events planned regionally and nationally are: Celebration of food from the North-East organised by Gateshead Tourist Information Service involves promotion of the region's food with more than 100 participating pubs, restaurants and cafes.
Some 300 food co-ops have been set up across Wales with support from the Rural Regeneration Unit (RRU).
The not-for-profit group is supported by Wales and West Housing Association, Linc-Cymru and the Rural Regeneration Unit.
Ready prepared cuts and added value products will help drive the second Game-to-eat programme, spearheaded by the National Game Dealers' Association and the Rural Regeneration Unit.
Mark Jones Welsh Produce Manager of the Rural Regeneration Unit, said: "We'll be encouraging other food co-ops in Wales.