This included attending 16,484 storm and flood jobs, responding to 604 road crashes and helping the NSW Rural Fire Service with 851 bushfire support tasks.
What does RFS stand for?
RFS stands for Rural Fire Service (New South Wales, Australia)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of RFS
We have 195 other meanings of RFS in our Acronym Attic
- Retired Faculty Staff (various organizations)
- Review of Financial Studies (journal; Yale University)
- Revue Française de Sociologie (French: French Journal of Sociology; est. 1960)
- River Forecast System (NOAA)
- Road Feeder Service (shipping)
- Roll-Fed Shrink (labeling)
- Rosalind Franklin Society (New Rochelle, NY)
- Rules for Submission
- Run for the Son
- Rural Financial System
- Rust Federal Services, Inc.
- Radio Frequency Surveillance/Electronic Countermeasures
- Radio Free San Andreas (software tool)
- Realm of the Free Small Astros (gaming guild)
- Request for Supply Arrangement (Canadian government)
- Retired Faculty-Staff Association
- Rural Fire Service Association (NSW RFS)
- Russian Federal Space Agency
- Rural Fire Service Advisory Council (Australia)
- Reef Fish Stock Assessment Panel
Samples in periodicals archive:
Six remain uncontained with 200 firefighters managing the fires and attending to strategic positions that could be at risk for new fires, spokeswoman for NSW Rural Fire Service or RFS Natalie Sanders told ABC.
Rural Fire Service spokesman Ben Shepherd says at least two homes were razed by wildfires Saturday on the outskirts of the town of Katoomba in the Blue Mountains, west of Sydney.
In its major fire updates, the NSW Rural Fire Service (RFS) said the bushfire is burning at Wattle Flat, 37 km north of Bathurst.
Cooler temperatures today, however residents should remain vigilant," the New South Wales Rural Fire Service said on its Facebook page.
This will be as bad as it gets," Rural Fire Service chief Shane Fitzsimmons said, adding there was "real potential for more loss of homes and life".
It's hard to definitely say that (the worst is over) at this stage," said Rural Fire Service spokeswoman Natalie Sanders.
The Rural Fire Service said Wednesday that one of the more than 100 fires that have burned since last week began at a Defense Department training area as a result of ''live ordnance exercises.