While Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme, MGNREGS will get Rs 33,000 crore, Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana, PMGSY is given Rs 21,700 crore and Indira Aws Yojana, IAY has been allocated Rs 15,184 crore.
What does REGS stand for?
REGS stands for Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of REGS
We have 2 other meanings of REGS in our Acronym Attic
- Registration Notification
- Reinventing Government
- Renewable Energy Guarantee of Origin (UK)
- Rural Employment Generation Programme (India)
- Renewable Energy Global Policy Network
- Relative Elemental Growth Rate
- Rapid Export Growth Strategy (Pakistan)
- Research Epidemiology Geographic Software
- Research Excellence Grants Scheme (Murdoch University; Australia)
- Regional Educational Guidance Service for Adults (Waterford Institute of Technology; Waterford, Ireland)
- Rural Economy Graduate Student Association (University of Alberta; Alberta, Canada)
- Registration Statistics Reporting System
- Regimental Command Post
- Regulierungsbehörde für Telekommunikation und Post (German Telecom)
- Ryan-Einot-Gabriel-Welsch (range test)
- Real Expression Guaranteed by Amazing Architecture (catchphrase; Toshiba)
- Random Evolutionary Hit
Samples in periodicals archive:
9788132108993 Right to work and rural India; working of the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS).
The Report Card released by Sam Sharpe, Head of Office, DFID, India, says that the "satisfaction level" of people with various government services has increased amazingly in recent months with pension topping the chart at 81 per cent, followed by health facilities (80 per cent), issuance of certificates (78 per cent), ration shops (78 per cent), schools (75 per cent), Anganwadis (74 per cent) and Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (65 per cent).
The rural Di Bao, together with the urban Di Bao, cover nearly 150 million people, which represents the second largest social protection programme worldwide in terms of scale and coverage, just behind India's National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (NREGS).
Whether it was Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGA) or any other welfare schemes launched by the Centre for uplift of downtrodden sections of the society, the fund being made available by the UPA government to Bihar under these heads were not being properly utilised by the present dispensation, he added.
He sees a fair chance of the rural employment guarantee scheme playing spoilsport during the next kharif season by both restricting labour availability and pushing up wages.
The scheme aims to transfer the benefits of the National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (NREGS) to the villagers through use of smart cards and is proposed to be expanded to 19 lead districts of SBI in a phased manner, Shiva Kumar, chief general manager (CGM), SBI, Bhubaneswar circle said.
Patil said the government would also expand the reach of its popular National Rural Employment Guarantee scheme, seen as having boosted the party's fortunes in the election.