From its launch in 1996 to the end of 2012, the PERG brought electricity to almost 2 million rural households, increasing the Moroccan rural electrification rate to 98.
What does RE stand for?
RE stands for Rural Electrification (various locations)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of RE
We have 45 other meanings of RE in our Acronym Attic
- rodding eye (mechanical services)
- Roll Eyes
- Rotary Engine
- Round End
- Routing Engine (Juniper Networks, Inc.)
- Royal Engineers (UK)
- Royal Exchange
- Royal Society of Etchers & Engravers
- Runtime Engine
- Runtime Environment
- US Revenue Cordials or Wines (Scott Catalogue prefix; philately)
- Real-time Editing and Design (Dublin, Ireland)
- Research, Engineering, And Development
- Real Estate and Facilities Directorate (Washington Headquarters Services, US DoD)
- Research, Engineering & Systems
- Research, Engineering, And Test
- Again (Prefix)
- Repressor Element 1
- Requirements Engineering Adaptation and Improvement for Safety and Dependability
- Refocusing Band-Selective Pulse with Uniform Response and Phase
Samples in periodicals archive:
Technological advancements in renewable energy and the rising cost of fuel have made rural electrification projects a financially viable option, according to Ernesto Macias Galan, president of the Alliance of Rural Electrification (ARE), an international, non-profit business association dedicated to the promotion and the development of off-grid renewable energy solutions for rural electrification in developing countries.
As part of efforts to improve the living standards of Namibian citizens living in rural areas, governments Rural Electrification Programme will now strictly focus on providing government institutions such as schools and clinics with electricity.
A loan from the Inter-American Development Bank is for Support to Rural Electrification and the Energy Sector (No.
announced July 23 that it had been consigned by the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) to undertake a project of technical assistance to promote rural electrification in the Republic of Zambia, in the southern part of Africa.
June 7 /PRNewswire/ -- Trojan Battery Company, the world's leading manufacturer of deep cycle batteries for renewable energy applications, today announced it has joined the Alliance for Rural Electrification (ARE), a global network of innovative companies and professionals that specialize in rural electrification, working together to provide technological and financial solutions to the world's rural communities.
May 11 is the 75th [anniversary of the Rural Electrification Administration (REA), the predecessor agency to the Rural Utilities Service of USDA Rural Development.
According to the country's Renewable Energy Development Centre, the rate of rural electrification increased from just 19% in 1995 to 96% by March 2009.