Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack in October announced funding for rural electric cooperative utilities to improve distribution systems and build "smart-grid" technologies in 27 states, all as part of the Obama Administration s continued focus on investments in infrastructure that creates rural jobs.
What does REC stand for?
REC stands for Rural Electric Cooperative
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of REC
We have 268 other meanings of REC in our Acronym Attic
- Resource Exchange Center (various locations)
- Resources for Early Childhood (Ohio)
- Respiratory Epithelial Cells
- Responsible Endowments Coalition (various organizations)
- Revenue Earning Customer
- Revenue Estimating Conference
- Revue Electronique de Communication
- Right-Edge Cell
- Roll Eccentricity Compensation (mills)
- Route Evènementiel Classique (French automobile club)
- Rural Electrification Corporation (India)
- Rural Electrification Corporation Ltd (India)
- Ryukoku Extension Center (Ryukoku University; Kyoto, Japan)
- Subsafe Re-Entry Control
- Regional Evaluation Center/Main Evaluation Center
- Radiation Exposure Compensation Act of 1990
- Real Estate Consumer Association (Australia)
- Recombination Protein A
- Residual Capability Assessment
- Responsible Electronic Communication Alliance
Samples in periodicals archive:
The National Rural Electric Cooperative Association, which represents rural utilities, praised the bill's passage.
The Campaign Academy was created jointly by Ohio Rural Electric Cooperatives and the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA) to help individuals seeking public office prepare for the rigors of the campaign trail whether it be for a local school board, city council, countywide office, Statehouse seat, or federal office.
THE SOUTHERN COMPANY - A RURAL ELECTRIC COOPERATIVE THREAT?
How Indiana's rural electric cooperatives aid economic development Improving life in rural America was the goal years ago when rural-electric cooperatives began stringing electric lines from farmhouse to farmhouse along narrow county roads.
Efacec ACS), a leading provider of smart grid automation and system solutions to utilities worldwide, to provide next-generation Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) products to NRTC's rural electric cooperative members.
To assist with the development of renewable energy, rural electric cooperative utilities across the country have joined forces to form a new cooperative: The National Renewables Cooperative Organization (N RC O).
Bergh of Fairbanks, Alaska, was elected to a two-year term as secretary-treasurer of the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA) during the organization's annual meeting here, March 2-5.