The project will include the removal of the surface layer of asphalt from the runway, replacement of runway lighting and electrical wires, construction of a Runway End Safety Area (RESA) at both ends, replacement of NAV CANADAs instrument Landing System and regrading and repaving.
What does RESA stand for?
RESA stands for Runway End Safety Area (aviation)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of RESA
We have 37 other meanings of RESA in our Acronym Attic
- Reserve-In Service (vessel status; US Navy)
- Reserve-Out of Commission (vessel staus; US Navy)
- Reserve-Out of Service (US Navy)
- Ramstein Enlisted Spouses' Association (Germany)
- Real Estate Service Act of 2009 (Philippines)
- Regional Educational Service Agency
- Research Evaluation and Analysis
- Research, Evaluation, and System Analysis (US DoD)
- Retek Sales Audit
- Rover Explorer Scouts Association
- Regional Earth Science Applications Center (NASA)
- Réseau d'Appui à la Coopération en Rhone-Alpes (French: Support Network for Cooperation in Rhone-Alpes)
- Reconfigurable Slot Aperture Design
- Reserve of the Air Force
- Resale Activity (Navy)
- Resale Activity Detachment (Navy)
- Reserve Airlift
- Regional Soil Acidification Model
- Regional Space Applications Programme for Sustainable Development (United Nations, ESCAP)
- Reserve Antisubmarine Warfare Training Center
Samples in periodicals archive:
To accommodate the proposed extension to the main runway, the existing A45 Coventry Road would be re-aligned and placed in a tunnel under the runway end safety area.
The site inspection found the Runway End Safety Area to be 90-metres long," Mr Smith said.
The existing A45 Coventry Road would have to be re-routed and placed in a tunnel under the runway end safety area, at a cost of about pounds 40 million.
It came to a halt in the Runway End Safety Area which is there precisely for incidents such as this.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] The site for the Runway 25 runway end safety area (RESA) was: "significantly more complex" than the locations of the other five RESAs at the airport due to physical infrastructure at the runway end.
n To accommodate the proposed extension to the main runway, the existing A45 Coventry Road would be re-aligned and placed in a tunnel under the runway end safety area.
To bring the runway up to the latest international standards ahead of new safety regulations expected in 2010 Runway End Safety Areas (RESAs) are also being built with new taxiways.