It is certainly positive news that the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards are to have a new home in Leuchars, and that the Royal Marines are staying in Arbroath.
What does SCOTS DG stand for?
SCOTS DG stands for Royal Scots Dragoon Guards (Carabiniers and Greys; British Army cavalry regiment)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Scientific Committee on Tobacco and Health (UK)
- Sharing Career Opportunities and Training Information (Ohio)
- Sonomatic Confirmation of Tracheal Intubation (pharmacology)
- Scouting Training Center (US Navy)
- Southern Culture On The Skids
- Special Committee on Transportation Security (American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials)
- Standards-based Commercial Off the Shelf
- Student Centered On-Line Transaction System
- Surveillance & Control of Transmission Systems
- Switch Circuit Order Tracking System
- Scottish Yeomanry (British Territorial Army regiment)
- Solution, Competition, Only Me, Timebound, Size, Money, Authority, Need (sales methodology checklist)
- Scottish Special Safety Scheme (nuclear submarine accidents)
- Society of Chief Officers of Trading Standards in Scotland
- Signal Channel Objective Tactical Terminal
- Smart Communications Technologies for Tomorrow
- Standing Committee on Therapeutic Trials (Health Research Council of New Zealand)
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Scottish Vocational Educational Council
- Sailor Chick of the Week (Sailing Anarchy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A campaign to save the Welsh Cavalry has been launched, amid speculation of a merger with the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards.
Britain's Got Talent star SuBo will sing Mull Of Kintyre for Her Majesty, with the pipes and drums of The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards.
Their recording of which number was a No 1 hit for the Pipes And Drums of The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards in 1972?
Collecting the award, Major Angus Benson-Blair of the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards said: "The award is obviously about the album but I know everyone in the armed forces will see also each vote as supporting us in everything we do.
The pipers of the Royal Scots Dragoon guards were halfway through putting together their album when they were deployed on a six-month tour of Iraq last autumn.
With what looks like either extreme dedication, or extreme pre-Christmas profit-seeking on the part of their record company (or, most likely, both), the pipers and drummers of the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards have just put the finishing touches to their latest album, in a tent on the Iraqi frontline.
The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards is Scotland's senior regiment.