In John Bacon's acceptance speech he thanked everyone for coming out and competing--McConaghy Boats, the numerous sponsors (including Sails magazine), hosts Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club, and his Dark Star crew including Cameron Miles who left straight after the presentation to attend the birth of his third child.
What does RPAYC stand for?
RPAYC stands for Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club (Australia)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
- Retired Police Association, State of New York
- RCMP Police Aptitude Test (Canada)
- Redistribution Property Accountability Team (OIF/OEF)
- Retrograde Property Assistance Team
- Return Preparer Assessment Tool (IRS)
- Riverview Partnership Action Team (Minnesota)
- Robert Pattinson (actor)
- Remotely-Piloted Airship Vehicle
- Rice Paddy Assault Vehicle
- Recreation and Parks Association of the Yukon (Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada)
- Radiation Protection Bureau (Canada)
- Rassemblement Populaire de Burundi
- Rating of Perceived Breathlessness
- Real Pinoy Brothers (gang)
- Real Property Branch (Public Works and Government Services; Canada)
- Recognised Professional Bodies (UK)
- Reform Pension Board (est. 1944)
- Regional Planning Body (UK)
- Regional Policy Board (Minnesota)
- Regional Preparedness Board
Samples in periodicals archive:
Mark Griffith and his Old School crew from the Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club, the 2011 NSW State Champions, are looking forward to defending their title among tough competition.
Bill Ebsary has gone over to the dark side" was the word going around the bar at the Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club (RPAYC) at Pittwater on Sydney's North Shore early last year.
Arthur has given similar support to James' siblings, Katie, a champion women's match-racing sailor, and Tom, also a fine dinghy sailor who now is a sailing administrator with the Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club.
In the PHS division, another Queensland yacht, Peter Lewis' Holland/Cole-designed 40-footer Charlie's Dream, took out top handicap honours from the Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club entrant Reflection, a 10.
Nicky Souter and her crew of Nina Curtis and Nicole Douglass, representing Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club and Australian Sailing Development Squad, have won the compasscard Australian Women's Match Racing Championship, after a countback rule was used to break the tie between first and second.
An important part of the DMR squad syllabus is the Interclub Challenge between the three match racing clubs in Sydney: Royal Sydney Yacht Squadron (RSYS), Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club (RPAYC) and the Cruising Yacht Club of Australia (CYCA).
Revived in 2005 with club, rather than national teams, each team comprising two boats, Australia's team of Wild Oats XI and Aftershock from the Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club won the prized Cup that year.