Lieutenant Edward Drummond-Baxter, from Consett, County Durham, and Lance Corporal Siddhanta Kunwar, of 1st Battalion The Royal Gurkha Rifles, were shot dead at a checkpoint in Nahr-e Saraj, Helmand Province on October 30.
What does RGR stand for?
RGR stands for Royal Gurkha Rifles (British regiment)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of RGR
We have 40 other meanings of RGR in our Acronym Attic
- Regional Rail
- Regular Grid Road
- Relative Growth Rate
- Resurrection: Global Reincarnation
- Retinal G Protein Coupled Receptor
- Retro Gaming Radio (online gaming radio show)
- Returned Goods Relief (UK)
- Royal Gibraltar Regiment (UK; more commonly seen as RG)
- Royal Gorge Rafting (Colorado)
- Rumble Goat Racing (Richland, WA)
- Russian Guild of Realtors
- Rec.games.roguelike.adom (newsgroup)
- Rock-Green Realtors Association
- Rice Genome Resource Center (Japan)
- Rio Grande Rotary Club (Las Cruces, NM)
- Rubber Gasket Reinforced Concrete Pipe
- Rat GH (Growth Hormone)-Releasing Factor
- Robust Gaussian Regression Filter (agriculture)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He studied at University College London, attended the Royal Military Academy in Sandhurst in 2010, and was commissioned into 1st Battalion the Royal Gurkha Rifles in December of that year.
After attending Sandhurst military college, he was commissioned into the 1st Battalion The Royal Gurkha Rifles in December 2010.
Lt Edward Drummond-Baxter, 29 1st Batt'n The Royal Gurkha Rifles L Cpl Siddhanta Kunwar, 28 1st Batt'n The Royal Gurkha Rifles
Major Laurence Roche, spokesman for Task Force Helmand, said: "I am saddened to report the deaths of two soldiers from 1st Battalion The Royal Gurkha Rifles who were shot and killed by a man wearing an Afghan police uniform at a checkpoint in the Nahr-e Saraj district of Helmand Province.
Major Laurence Roche, spokesman for Task Force Helmand, said: "The loss of these soldiers is a huge blow to The Royal Gurkha Rifles and everyone serving in Task Force Helmand.
The squaddie from 2nd Battalion The royal Gurkha rifles was killed in Nahr e Saraj district while guarding a checkpoint.
Nevada (US), Sept 27 (ANI): Royal Gurkha Rifles reportedly celebrated the Hindu festival of Dashain near Laskhar Gah in Afghanistan.