After leaving government, he remained on the Tory backbenches, but also devoted himself to the worlds of academia and the arts, serving as chairman of the Royal Fine Art Commission and master of Emmanuel College, Cambridge.
What does RFAC stand for?
RFAC stands for Royal Fine Art Commission (now Commission for Architecture and the Built Environment; UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of RFAC
We have 11 other meanings of RFAC in our Acronym Attic
- Right Forward Avionics Bay
- Recreation Facilities Association of British Columbia (Canada)
- Retinoid and Fatty Acid Binding Glycoprotein
- Recycling Fund Advisory Committee (Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection)
- Regional Fisheries Advisory Committee (United Kingdom)
- Regional Fractional Area Change (cardiology)
- Religious Freedom Action Coalition (Washington, DC)
- Ride for a Cause (Chicago, IL)
- Ride for AIDS Chicago (Illinois)
- Road Freight Advisory Council (Australia)
- Royal Federation of Aero Clubs of Australia (Taree, New South Wales, Australia; amateur flight)
- Royal Fine Art Commission for Scotland
- Ready for Action (desk simulator racing chair)
- Released from Active Duty
- Requiem for A Dream (Hubert Selby Jr movie/novel)
- Riemann for Anti-Dummies
- Rotary Foundation Alumni Deutschland (Germany)
- Retinyl Fatty Acyl Esters
- Readiness Forecast Authorization Equipment Data
- Radni Festival Animiranog Filma (Croatian: Working Animated Film Festival)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Royal Fine Art Commission said the scheme needed more refining before it could be said to enhance and preserve the character of the town-centre conservation area.
It has won seven awards since it was unveiled including the RIBA Award for Architecture, Midlands and the Royal Fine Art Commission Trust, Retail Innovation, both in 2004.
The Royal Fine Art Commission (the forerunner of CABE) complained in its 18th Report of 1960-62 of the poor and inappropriate siting of tall buildings.
The award is presented by The Royal Fine Art Commission Trust.
The group is the Welsh equivalent of the old Royal Fine Art Commission for England - which was much criticised for rarely leaving London - and the continuing Royal Commission for Scotland.
Lord St John of Fawsley, chairman of the Royal Fine Art Commission Trust, said: "This a bizarre and foolish idea.
Conservation Today accompanied a major exhibition of the same name, launched in the spring of 1989 by the Royal Fine Art Commission at the Royal Academy of Arts, London.