Dr Robinson is Professor of the History of South Asia at the Royal Holloway University of London, Sultan of Oman Fellow, and has served as president of the Royal Asiatic Society.
What does RAS stand for?
RAS stands for Royal Asiatic Society
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of RAS
We have 411 other meanings of RAS in our Acronym Attic
- Romanian Academic Society (Bucharest, Romania)
- Romanian Airport Services
- Routine Analytical Services
- Row Access Strobe (less common)
- Row Address Select
- Row Address Signal (computer memory)
- Row Address Strobe
- Royal African Society
- Royal Agricultural Society (Australia and New Zealand)
- Royal American Shows LLC (Tampa, FL)
- Royal Astronomical Society (British)
- Run and Shoot (game)
- Rundfunk-Anstalt Südtirol
- Running and Screaming
- Running Around Screaming
- Russian Academy of Science
- Russian Accounting Standard
- Sun Raster Format (filename extension)
- Record Association System - Standard Data Elements System
- Refractive Aberrated Simulator/Calibrator
Samples in periodicals archive:
The author is a fellow of the Royal Asiatic Society of Great Britain and Ireland.
Situating interpretation Since they had serious issues with his interpretation, Sri Lankan scholars of history, Pali and Buddhism arranged for a closed-door meeting with Coningham and some of his coauthors at the 165-year-old Royal Asiatic Society of Sri Lanka which had pioneered much of the archaeological research in Sri Lanka.
In: Journal of the Royal Asiatic Society of Bengal 4: 1-65.
Encounters Kim Sung-Hae and James Heisig The Royal Asiatic Society c/o Cheng & Tsui Company 25 West Street, Boston, MA 02111-1213 9788995442494, $35.
In 1993, she was awarded the Burton Memorial Medal by the Royal Asiatic Society, and in 1995 she was made an Honorary Fellow at University College London.
Further such concessions are made for Ivy and Oxbridge alumni, members of Royal HK Yacht Club, Royal Asiatic Society, and their friends, besides group rates for six or more.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] This slim volume consists of the annotated text of a lecture on Sir Richard Burton (1821-90) delivered at the Royal Asiatic Society, London, by Simon Digby, the recipient of the Sir Richard Burton Commemorative Medal in 1999.