3) A free exhibition at the Royal Air Force Museum Cosford in Shropshire is showcasing original examples of the artwork created by air crews for their wartime aircraft.
What does RAFM stand for?
RAFM stands for Royal Air Force Museum (UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of RAFM
- Rural and Agricultural Finance Initiative (USAID)
- Radar and Flight Information Capture (software)
- Réseau Aquitain Formation et Information pour le Développement (French)
- Reading Asia, Forging Identities in Literature (conference)
- Royal Air Force Junior Division (UK military Service Junior division)
- Rolling Around Floor Laughing My Ass Off
- Resource Associated Functional Level Scale
- Races of the Spinward Frontier (gaming)
- Reduced Activation Ferritic Martensitic (steel)
- Right-Arm Fast Medium (cricket; also seen as RFM)
- Royal Air Force Mountaineering Association (est. 1948)
- Royal Air Force Model Aircraft Association (est. 1949; England, UK)
- Robert A. Frost Memorial Library (Limestone, ME)
- Russian Association of Financial Markets Members
- Royal Air Force March Past
- Royal Air Force Music Services
- Royal Air Force Motor Sports Association
- Read And Find Out
- Reserve of Air Force Officers (UK)
- Roosevelt Adjunct Faculty Organization (Chicago, IL)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A NEW temporary exhibition showcasing original examples of artwork that wartime aircrew created to personalise their aircraft will open at the Royal Air Force Museum Cosford from Monday.
The event at the Royal Air Force Museum in Cosford will also be offering children and adults the chance to find out what it was like to be a 1940s RAF pilot by sitting inside a full size replica Spitfire, complete with flying jacket and goggles.
In addition, during the air show Northrop Grumman will formally present a DIRCM transmitter to the Royal Air Force Museum to mark the 15th anniversary of the UK Ministry of Defence development contract undertaken by SELEX Galileo and Northrop Grumman to develop and produce the first ever, life-saving infrared countermeasures technology widely used on RAF aircraft in combat today.
The Royal Air Force Museum has confirmed that the propeller is from the Hawker Demon.
The charity's executive director Ric Gillespie said the organisation was trying to persuade the Imperial War and Royal Air Force Museums to help it fund the wreck's recovery.
Byline: MARJORIE YUE ENGLAND SEPTEMBER 12-13: Two of the best-loved aircraft of World War Two will take to the skies at the Royal Air Force Museum in Cosford, Shrops, in honour of those who took part in the Battle of Britain.
n Mothers can take their daughters to make a favourite toy for girls in the 1940s at the Royal Air Force Museum Cosford, Shifnal, Shropshire.