By the end of 2015, Kroger will purchase 100% of palm oil from suppliers certified by the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO).
What does RSPO stand for?
RSPO stands for Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of RSPO
We have 5 other meanings of RSPO in our Acronym Attic
- Regina Shared Parenting Network (Canada)
- Regional Specialty Photography Network, Inc.
- Repair Shop Product News
- Riverside School of Professional Nursing
- Royal Society for Protection of Nature (Bhutan)
- Rural Support Programmes Network (Pakistan)
- Rail Services Planning Office (US ICC)
- Reconnaissance Systems Program Office (US Air Force)
- Regional State Prosecution Office (Philippines)
- Remedial Site Project Officer
- Royal Stockholm Philharmonic Orchestra (Stolkholm, Sweden)
- Red Sea Petroleum Operating Company Limited (Sudan)
- Radio Spectrum Policy Program (EU)
- Reasonable Security Procedures and Practices (personal information protection)
- Reduced Speed Pump Pressure
- Reflective Safety Promotional Products
- Remote Site Pilot Project
- Royal Society of Portrait Painters (UK)
- Ruud Schuitemaker Puch Parts
- ReSynchronize Presentation Protocol Data Unit
Samples in periodicals archive:
We will be implementing international best practices throughout the entire supply chain by adopting the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) principles.
It's never been easier for companies to be responsible about the palm oil they use, " said Adam Harrison, senior policy officer for WWF UK and WWF's representative on the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) Executive Board.
MINNEAPOLIS, July 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Cargill has announced that the palm oil products it supplies to its customers in Europe, United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand will be certified by the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) and/or originated from smallholder growers by 2015 (this excludes palm kernel oil products).
Global consumers are increasingly demanding deforestation-free products," he says, adding that Nestle, McDonald's, Unilever and others have pledged to obtain their palm oil from sources certified "sustainable" by the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil.
Endorsed by the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO), the GreenPalm programme has drawn international support from many of the world's best known food, cosmetics and personal care businesses including: Campbell Soup, Frieslandcampina, Henkel, J&J, Kellogg, Kraft, Mars, Nestle, Oriflame, Premier Foods, Unilever, United Biscuits, M&S and Waitrose.
As a founding member of the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO), WWF has worked since 2003 with the palm oil industry to ensure RSPO standards contain robust social and environmental criteria.
The company will also apply to become the first Australian retail member of the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO)--a global, not-for-profit organisation set up to advance the use of certified palm oil in manufacturing.