In a fluidic mixer demonstrated by the researchers, a 15 micron diameter yarn rotated a 200 times larger radius and 80 times heavier paddle in flowing liquids at up to one rotation per second.
What does RPS stand for?
RPS stands for Rotation Per Second
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RPS
We have 374 other meanings of RPS in our Acronym Attic
- Rock Paper Scissors
- Rock, Paper, Shotgun (gaming journalism)
- Rockford Public Schools
- Roentgens Per Second
- Role Playing Simulation
- Role Playing Strategy
- Role Playing System (gaming)
- Role-Playing Shooter (gaming)
- Rosanna Primary School (Australia)
- Rosewood Pottery Studio (Richmond, VA)
- Rotational Position Sensing
- Rotor Position Sensor (large appliance component)
- Routine Product Set
- Royal Pharmaceutical Society (UK)
- Royal Philatelic Society
- Royal Photographic Society
- Rubber Producers' Society (India)
- Rulang Primary School (Singapore)
- Rutgers Preparatory School (New Jersey)
- Registers Publications Section District Library (US Navy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Delivering extremely high resolution via the rotating head that scans a complete, 360-degree rotation per second, HGH's advanced surveillance camera includes an auto detection and motion tracking alarm and area-of-interest zoom.
The IDG-300, which can measure more than 400 degrees of rotation per second, is currently in production and is priced at less than $3 in high-volume consumer quantities.