Teams use the Lego Mindstorms Robotics Invention System and work together to build and problem solve.
What does RIS stand for?
RIS stands for Robotics Invention System (LEGO)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of RIS
We have 271 other meanings of RIS in our Acronym Attic
- Restricted Instructional Setting
- Retail Information Systems
- Retirement and Insurance Service (a component of OPM)
- Retirement Income Specialist
- Retroreflector In Space
- Review of Information Science
- Reviving the Islamic Spirit (conference)
- Rich Internet Solutions (Netherlands)
- Ridgecrest Intermediate School
- River Information Services
- Robotique et Interactions (French: Robotics and Interactions; research group)
- Romulan Imperial Ship (Star Trek)
- Roosevelt Intermediate School (Westfield, NJ)
- Rothberg International School (Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel)
- Ruamrudee International School (Thailand)
- Russian Imperial Stout
- Regional Innovation Strategy Projects in Newly Associated Countries (European Commission)
- Radiology Information System/Picture Archiving and Communication System
- Racing Information Services Australia (thoroughbred racing industry)
- Radioactive Iodinated Serum Albumin
Samples in periodicals archive:
0 (LEGO Systems)The Robotics Invention System (RIS) 2.
Students will learn skills in engineering, computer programming and science while using LEGO MINDSTORMS Robotics Invention System technology to create unique robot inventions.
Using the Lego Mindstorms Robotics Invention System, competitors needed to plan, build, programme and test a robot capable of completing a series of challenges, including deploying a submarine, recovering archaeological artifacts and cleaning up a cargo shipping accident.
Using the LEGO(R) MINDSTORMS(TM) Robotics Invention System, students will compete for awards in programming, mechanical design, strategy, problem solving, sportsmanship and teamwork.
Highly Anticipated Toolkit Helps LabVIEW Users Develop Third-Party Tools for Next-Generation Robotics System AUSTIN, Texas -- National Instruments (Nasdaq:NATI), a global leader in virtual instrumentation, today announced the availability of the NI LabVIEW Toolkit for LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT, the next generation of the popular robotics invention system.
The FIRST LEGO League is a friendly, high-tech sporting event that challenges young participants to design, program and build fully autonomous robots using the LEGO Robotics Invention System.
MINDSTORMS NXT, the next generation of the popular LEGO robotics invention system, became available earlier this month and includes a new programming environment, custom developed by NI and powered by LabVIEW.