Background The Roadless Area Conservation Rule was issued in 2001 to protect nearly 60 million acres, or roughly one-third of undeveloped U.
What does RACR stand for?
RACR stands for Roadless Area Conservation Rule
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of RACR
We have 6 other meanings of RACR in our Acronym Attic
- Royal Australasian College of Physicians
- Rapid Access Chest Pain Clinic
- Royal Artillery Centre for Personal Development (UK)
- Rice Avenue Community Public Library
- Royal Automobile Club of Queensland (Australia)
- Raytheon Advanced Combat Radar
- Rec.Arts.Comics.Reviews (newsgroup)
- Recruiter Academy Certified Recruiter
- Reglementari Aeronautice Civile Române (Romanian: Romanian Civil Aeronautical Regulations)
- Response Action Completion Report (environmental remediation action report)
- Royal Australasian College of Radiologists
- Regents Academic Committee on Records and Admissions (University System of Georgia; Atlanta, GA)
- Réseau des Acteurs pour la Création, le Développement et la Reprise d'Entreprises (French: Network of Actors for the Creation, Development and Recovery of Businesses; France)
- Real Aero Club de Santander (España)
- Real Ale and Cider Society
- Recording Artists' Collecting Society (Canada)
- Recruit Allocation Control System
- Reference Architecture and Common Systems
- Regional Aircraft Customer Support (Bombardier Aerospace)
- Regional Area Commercial Support
Samples in periodicals archive:
Byline: THE NEW MEXICAN The New Mexican New Mexico has joined a dozen other states in promoting roadless areas in national forests that are protected by a controversial national 2001 Roadless Area Conservation Rule.
Last month, the administration asked a federal appeals court to uphold the original 2001 Roadless Area Conservation Rule, citing the 2 million comments Americans submitted in favor of the rule and the U.
Forest Service adopted the Roadless Area Conservation Rule, a move designed to prohibit road construction and timber cutting in nearly a third of the National Forests.
Arnold Schwarzenegger, I am in favor of protecting California's national forests from further road building and fully support the Roadless Area Conservation Rule.
Forest Service to urge the Bush administration to end its effort to repeal the Clinton-era Roadless Area Conservation Rule, which bans logging, mining, drilling and other commercial activities in 58.
The Bush administration has taken the politically controversial step of proposing major revisions to the roadless area conservation rule adopted by the Clinton administration in 2001.
On January 12, 2001, during the closing days of his administration, President Clinton issued the Roadless Area Conservation Rule barring virtually all road building on nearly 59 million acres of the national forests.