Andrew Burgoyne, from HMRC's Road Fuel Testing Unit, said: "This second load of illicit diesel shows that fuel smugglers are determined to rip off honest drivers and businesses by transporting laundered green diesel for use on British soil.
What does RFTU stand for?
RFTU stands for Road Fuel Testing Unit (various nations)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 1 other meaning of RFTU in our Acronym Attic
- Remote Fiber Test System (optical layer monitoring)
- Remote File Transfer System
- Renewable Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis (energy)
- Repeat Formation Tester Sample (energy exploration)
- Request For Technical Support
- Richmond Fruit Tree Sharing Project (British Columbia, Canada)
- Reach for the Top (trivia organization, Canada)
- Rocket from the Tombs (band)
- Regional Food Technology Transfer Centre (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food; UK)
- Radio Frequency Test Target Generator
- Radio, Film and Television
- Run for the Wall (annual POW/MIA motorcycle ride)
- Regimental Field Training Exercise
- Radical Fundamentalist Unit (US FBI)
- Radio Frequency Unit
- Reach for Unbleached (Canada; est. 1991)
- Ready For Use
- Reason for Update (electronic document processing)
- Reconfigurable Functional Unit
Samples in periodicals archive:
She saw examples of smuggled alcohol and tobacco seized by local officers and was given a demonstration by members of the regional road fuel testing unit, which deals with fuel fraud.
The police traffic unit worked in conjunction with the dog unit, Customs and Excise and the road fuel testing unit.