Navy Task Force 116 who fought valiantly in the Vietnam War were distinguished from other American service men and woman by their distinctive black beret as they performed their duties as the River Patrol Forces fighting in the murky, brown waters of the Mekong Delta against an implacable and lethal enemy.
What does RPF stand for?
RPF stands for River Patrol Force
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of RPF
We have 112 other meanings of RPF in our Acronym Attic
- Relative Performance Factor
- Reliability Penalty Factor (hydraulics safety)
- Remote Power Feed
- Remote Processing Framework (computing)
- Renal Plasma Flow
- Replica Prop Forum (discussion forum)
- Request for Proposal (various organizations)
- Response Planning Facilitator
- Revenue Protection Fallout
- Reverse Path Forwarding (multicast protocol)
Samples in periodicals archive:
His impressive professional experience also includes serving the United States Navy with the River Patrol Force in Vietnam where he received two Navy Commendation Medals for Valor and a Purple Heart.