The River Transport Authority (RTA) has received offers from the nation's three largest mobile carriers, Vodafone, Mobinil and Etislat, to execute a new River Information Services (RIS) project.
What does RIS stand for?
RIS stands for River Information Services
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of RIS
We have 271 other meanings of RIS in our Acronym Attic
- Resonance Ionization Spectroscopy
- Restricted Instructional Setting
- Retail Information Systems
- Retirement and Insurance Service (a component of OPM)
- Retirement Income Specialist
- Retroreflector In Space
- Review of Information Science
- Reviving the Islamic Spirit (conference)
- Rich Internet Solutions (Netherlands)
- Ridgecrest Intermediate School
- Robotics Invention System (LEGO)
- Robotique et Interactions (French: Robotics and Interactions; research group)
- Romulan Imperial Ship (Star Trek)
- Roosevelt Intermediate School (Westfield, NJ)
- Rothberg International School (Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel)
- Ruamrudee International School (Thailand)
- Russian Imperial Stout
- Regional Innovation Strategy Projects in Newly Associated Countries (European Commission)
- Radiology Information System/Picture Archiving and Communication System
- Racing Information Services Australia (thoroughbred racing industry)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The remaining funding which the EC will make available will go to river information services, air traffic management, and Motorways of the Sea (MoS) providing viable alternatives for congested roads by shifting freight to sea routes.
The first part of the programme will focus on Motorways of the sea, with a maximum budget of EUR85m; River information services, with a maximum budget of EUR10m; air traffic management systems; and functional airspace blocks, which closed on 30 April 2010 with a maximum budget of EUR20m.