The ring-opening metathesis polymerization (ROMP) of the healing agent was triggered by contact with the embedded catalyst, bonding the crack faces.
What does ROMP stand for?
ROMP stands for Ring-Opening Metathesis Polymerization
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ROMP
We have 12 other meanings of ROMP in our Acronym Attic
- Range of Motion Project
- Reediana Omnibus Musica Philosopha (Reed College)
- Regionally Organised Modem Pool
- Regression of Offspring on Midparent
- Research Office Products Division Micro Processor (IBM)
- Responsible Organized Mountain Pedalers (Campbell, CA)
- Responsible Owners of Mannerly Pets
- Retain Our Majority Program (political)
- Rice Outreach Mentoring Program
- Ring Opening Multibranching Polymerization
- River of Music Party (Owensboro, Kentucky)
- Run-Off Management Plan
- Rural Ontario Medical Program (Canada)
- Rickettsial Outer-Membrane Protein A
- Rickettsial Outer Membrane Protein B (gene)
- Rural Oregon Minority Prenatal Program
- Retention Office Manager Productivity System
- Robotic Materials Processing System
- Robust Multicast Routing (Protocol for Ad-Hoc Networks)
- Robert O. Mayer Riding Academy
Samples in periodicals archive:
Specifically, in the past two years they have been using the method of ring-opening metathesis polymerization (ROMP) for the synthesis of polyolefinic hydrocarbons.
In the type of reaction they modified, called ring-opening metathesis polymerization or ROMP, it has been very difficult to add side chemical groups for the same reason water and oxygen had to be excluded -- the catalyst reacted too easily with the side rings and became deactivated, Novak says.