However, many serious gamers are still sitting on their hands, in the hope that the new Jasper motherboard will appear soon (Valhalla) that people think will make the Red Ring of Death a thing of the past.
What does ROD stand for?
ROD stands for Ring of Death (X-Box defect)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ROD
We have 111 other meanings of ROD in our Acronym Attic
- Repair-On-Demand (depot repair priority system)
- Report of Deficiency
- Report Of Discrepancy
- Reporting Obligation Database
- Republic of Djibouti
- Required Operational Date
- Retired on Duty
- Return On Debt
- Rewritable Optical Disk
- Ride or Die
- Ring of Destiny (gaming guild)
- Ring of Destruction (gaming guild)
- Rockland (Amtrak station code; Rockland, ME)
- Rough Old Dog
- Route Opening Detachment
- Run Out Date
- Regulator of Differentiation 1
- Record of Decision/Agreement (Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory)
- Red de Organizaciones No Gubernamentales En Derecho Ambiental de Mesoamérica (Spanish: Network of Non-Governmental Organizations in Environmental Law in Mesoamerica)
Samples in periodicals archive:
First, it kept freezing, then it developed the red ring of death.
Today, we reach the nadir of Moore's Xbox career – the Red Ring of Death scandal.