The substations also incorporate 280V to 11kV transformers and Eaton Xiria 11kV ring main units with integral G59 protection.
What does RMU stand for?
RMU stands for Ring Main Unit
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of RMU
We have 44 other meanings of RMU in our Acronym Attic
- Remote Multiplexing Unit
- Removable Memory Unit
- Removal Unit (Kyoto Protocol)
- Renovation, Modernisation and Updating
- Reproductive Medicine Unit
- Réseau Métropolitain Universitaire (French: Metropolitan University Network; computer network)
- Resource Management Update
- Retail Merchandise Unit (mall cart)
- Retrofit, Modification, or Upgrade (aeorspace)
- Revenue Management Unit
- Risk Management Unit (various organizations)
- Robert Morris University (Moon Township, Pennsylvania)
- Rocky Mountain Underground (skiing)
- Rolla Municipal Utilities (Rolla, MO)
- Royal Motor Union (Belgium)
- Runway Monitoring Unit
- Reference Measuring Unit Computer
- Rocky Mount Undergarment Co.
- Riviera Maya Underground Film Festival (Mexico)
- Rapid Microbiology User Group
Samples in periodicals archive:
The testing of Ring Main Unit (RMU), which exploded, is generally done by the project manager with the experience of at least 10-12 years behind him.
Power-on to the main incoming ring main unit and connection of the incoming water supply are programmed for the next couple of weeks.
The engineer and four others were rushed to the hospital after sustaining varying degrees of burns, while testing a Ring Main Unit (RMU) -- electrical equipment installed to protect transformers while distributing power -- at a substation in Dubai International Airport's Concourse 3, which is under construction.
The contract is covers the design, manufacture, inspection and testing at manufacturer's works, packing for export shipment and delivery CFR at Limassol or Larnaca port Cyprus of 22kV SF6 Insulated Ring Main Units.
The product range of AEG includes: * Main and auxiliary switchgear for power distribution * Relay and control panels * Industrial automation systems * Motor control centres * Kiosk type sub-stations * Ring main units * Alternator panels * Power factor improvement plants * Switchboards for marine applications * Control desks * Miniature Circuit Breakers It goes without that nothing works nowadays without a sufficient supply of electric power.
The products covered in the research service include indoor switchgear, outdoor switchgear, ring main units and compact substations.
Indian Low and Medium Voltage Switchgear Markets is part of the Energy & Power Growth Partnership Service program, which also includes research in the following markets: Low Voltage Switchgear (Air Circuit Breakers, Molded Case Circuit Breakers, Miniature Circuit Breakers, Residual Current Devices, Contactors and Relays and Switch Disconnector Fuses) markets and Medium Voltage Switchgear (Indoor Switchgear, Outdoor Switchgear, Ring Main Unit, Vacuum Circuit Breaker and SF6 Circuit Breaker) markets.