Holden Caulfield is the main character in which right of passage novel?
What does ROP stand for?
ROP stands for Right of Passage
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of ROP
We have 119 other meanings of ROP in our Acronym Attic
- Restriction of Privileges (punishment)
- Retail Operations
- Retinopathy Of Prematurity
- Retraites Ouvrières et Paysannes (French: Pensions of Workers and Peasants)
- Return of Premium (insurance)
- Return on Promotion
- Return-Oriented Programming
- Reviews of Progress (weekly scientific journal)
- Rich of Peak (fuel mixture setting)
- Right Occipito-Posterior
- Ring Opening Polymerization
- Roll Over Protection (product safety)
- Roper Industries, Inc. (stock symbol)
- Rota, Northern Mariana Islands - Rota (Airport Code)
- Royal Oman Police (Sultanate of Oman)
- Royal Orchid Plus (Thai Airways reward scheme)
- Ruch Odbudowy Polski (Movement for the Reconstruction of Poland)
- Rugby Olympique Pantin (French Olympic rugby team)
- Rules of Procedure
- Run of Page (newspaper advertising placement)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The youth go through a right of passage traditionally set to include the killing of a lion, but this time around, things were a little different in the Msai Mara.
According to some experts, the skeletons are evidence of the ancient practice of skull binding, a ritual performed on Mesoamerican youth as a right of passage into adulthood.
The ship, owned by ISIM Tour Ltd, had been held up by Egyptian authorities for five days for not paying passage fees through the canal, which guarantees a right of passage to all ships during war and peacetime.
Sailing solo round the world should be treated as a stern test of adult skill, strength and courage, not as a right of passage.
Surely, being skint is a right of passage in any marriage?
The statement further said that "India supports freedom of navigation in international waters, including in the South China Sea, and the right of passage in accordance with accepted principles of international law.
I think it's almost a right of passage for some stars to do it.