A two-dimensional transthoracic echocardiographic and Doppler study demonstrated a cavernous right atrium, dilatation of the right ventricle with impaired systolic function, flattening of the ventricular septum in systole and diastole suggesting right ventricular pressure and volume overload, severe tricuspid regurgitation, mild to moderate pulmonic regurgitation, a dilated inferior vena cava without inspiratory collapse indicating severe right atrial hypertension, a pulmonary arterial pressure judged by Doppler to be >75/30 mm Hg, Doppler evidence of an elevated right ventricular end-diastolic pressure, and normal left-sided valves and chambers with a left-ventricular ejection fraction of >55%.
What does RVED stand for?
RVED stands for Right Ventricular End-Diastolic
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Recharge de Véhicules Electriques (French: Electric Vehicle Recharging)
- Reference Vector Equalization
- Regionalverkehr Euregio Maas-Rhein GmbH (German)
- Representative Volume Element
- real-time video encryption algorithm
- Ribble Valley Enterprise Agency (UK)
- River Valley Education Association (Spring Green, WI)
- Regional Value Engineering Coordinator
- Retinal Vascular Endothelial Cell
- Roelof Van Echten College (Hoogeveen, Netherlands)
- Right Ventricular End-Diastolic Pressure
- Roanoke Valley Economic Development Partnership (Roanoke, VA)
- Right Ventricular End-Diastolic Volume
- Right Ventricular End-Diastolic Volume Index
- Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital (East Melbourne, Victoria, Australia)
- Right Ventricular End-Ejection Pressure-Volume Relations
- Right Ventricular Ejection Fraction
- Recombinant Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor
- Research Vessel Edwin Link
- Remote Voting by Electronic Means
Samples in periodicals archive:
The potential for mathematical coupling exists between thermodilution cardiac output and right ventricular end-diastolic volume (RVEDV) because RVEDV is derived from stroke volume which is calculated from thermodilution cardiac output (88).
Highly elevated right ventricular end-diastolic pressure due to decreased right ventricular compliance by severe infarction resulted in shortening of ICT and the pseudonormalized right ventricular MPI.