Following the administration of heparin 5000U intravenously, percutaneous cannulation was performed (with echocardiography guidance) via the femoral vessels the right internal jugular vein, using Biomedicus (Medtronic Inc.
What does RIJV stand for?
RIJV stands for Right Internal Jugular Vein
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Retina Institute Japan
- Right Internal Jugular (vein)
- Russell Investments Japan
- Regional Information Joint Awareness Network (information sharing for consequence management)
- Rhode Island Justice Commission (Providence, RI)
- Rochester International Jazz Festival
- Rock in Japan Festival
- Rijksdienst voor de IJsselmeerPolders (Dutch: National Office for the IJsselmeer Polders)
- Rhode Island Joint Reinsurance Association
- Reischauer Institute of Japanese Studies (Harvard University; Cambridge, MA)
- Radio Installation Kit
- Remove, Install, Know (harmonic accessing)
- Rencana Induk Kota (Indonesian: City Master Plan)
- Replacement in Kind (US DoD)
- Royalty in Kind
- Rungsted Ishockey Klub (Danish: Rungsted Bulldogs; ice hockey; Denmark)
- Rhode Island Kids Count (child advocacy group; Providence, RI)
- Rikagaku Kenkyusho (Institute of Physical and Chemical Research, Japan)
- Raman-Induced Kerr Effect Spectrometry
- Radom Informacje Kultura Imprezy (Poland)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The carotid pulse should be palpated with the left hand when attempting cannulation of the right internal jugular vein.
DIAGNOSIS_ Lemierre's syndrome IMAGING FINDINGS Contrast-enhanced CT of the neck and chest revealed a large right-sided peritonsillar abscess (Figure 1), thrombus along the anterior aspect of the right internal jugular vein (Figure 2), and multiple septic pulmonary emboli (Figure 3).
He was readmitted, and magnetic resonance venography revealed a right internal jugular vein thrombosis that extended intracranially to the sigmoid sinus.
All retrievals and repositionings were done by access through the right internal jugular vein using ultrasound guidance.
contended that in global and bilateral injuries, the catheter be placed on the right side, because the right internal jugular vein is usually larger than the left and would, therefore, give the most accurate readings.
The right internal jugular vein (RIJV) is commonly used because it offers a straight approach to the vena cava.
[FIGURE 1 OMITTED] [FIGURE 2 OMITTED] [FIGURE 3 OMITTED] DIAGNOSIS Stomal bleed in a TIPS patient IMAGING FINDINGS The right internal jugular vein was accessed using ultrasound guidance with a micropuncture needle, and a 5F sheath was placed.