The work done at UMass has certainly earned plaudits in the science community and in the public forum, none more prominent than the 2006 Nobel Prize in Medicine shared by Craig Mello of UMass and Andrew Fire at Stanford for their work on ribonucleic acid interference and gene silencing.
What does RNAi stand for?
RNAi stands for Ribonucleic Acid Interference
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Reengineered Naturalization Automated Casework System (Department of Justice Civil Division)
- Royal Naval Armament Depot
- Rabbit Nasal Airway Epithelium
- Renal Net Acid Excretion
- Regional Network for Agricultural Engineering and Machinery (UN and China)
- Receive Non-Align Frame (hardware)
- Royal Naval Air Force
- Royal Netherlands Air Force
- Royal Norwegian Air Force
- Raidió Na Gaeltachta (Gaelic: Irish Republic Radio)
- Renault Nissan Automotive India Private Limited
- Reach North Asia Loop (telecommunications system; various nations)
- Real Nice and Laidback (gaming group)
- Reference Neutron Activation Library (International Atomic Energy Agency; Austria)
- Relational Navy Air Logistics Information System
- Regional Network for Agricultural Machinery (Philippines)
- Royal Naval Air Maintenance Yard
- Royal Naval Aircraft Maintenance Yard
- Regional Newspaper Advertising Network (Ireland)
- Retinal Nonattachment, Nonsyndromic Congenital
Samples in periodicals archive:
Sirna Therapeutics' primary focus is to develop therapeutics based on a nucleic acid technology called ribonucleic acid interference, or RNAi The University of Massachusetts Medical School, one of the fastest growing medical schools in the country, has built a reputation as a world-class research institution, consistently producing noteworthy advances in clinical and basic research.
About Nastech Nastech is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focusing on the development and commercialization of innovative therapeutic products based on its proprietary ribonucleic acid interference technology and proprietary molecular biology-based drug delivery technologies.
RNAi refers to ribonucleic acid interference, a mechanism capable of blocking genes in organisms.
About Nastech Nastech is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focusing on the development and commercialization of innovative therapeutic products based on its proprietary molecular biology-based nasal drug delivery technology and its proprietary ribonucleic acid interference technology.
based on its proprietary ribonucleic acid interference technology.
based on its proprietary ribonucleic acid interference (RNAi) technology.
May 30 /PRNewswire/ -- Ribonucleic acid interference (RNAi) delivery remains one of the most underdeveloped aspects of the overall RNAi market.