He was an astute judge of both musical talent and business potential, surrounding himself with skillful producers and remaking rhythm and blues for the pop mainstream.
What does RAB stand for?
RAB stands for Rhythm and Blues
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of RAB
We have 119 other meanings of RAB in our Acronym Attic
- Réseau Africain de Biosciences (French: African Biosciences Network)
- Resident Authority Board
- Residential Advisory Board (various schools)
- Resistivity-at-the-Bit (measuring tool)
- Resource Accounting and Budgeting
- Rest Assured Bodyworks (Canada)
- Restoration Advisory Board
- Restricted Area Badge
- Retail Advisory Board (various organizations)
- Retarded Animal Babies
- Risk Assessment Board (various organizations)
- Risk Assurance Board (Elexon Ltd.; UK)
- Rotary Air Blast (mining)
- Royal Academy of Ballet
- Radioactive Antigen-Binding Assay (molecular biology)
- Redding Area Bus Authority (Redding, CA, USA)
- Revenue Aligned Budget Authority
- Richmond Area Bicycling Association (Virginia)
- Richmond Area Business Association (Vermont)
- Rochester Area Builders Association (Rochester, MN)
Samples in periodicals archive:
TOP rhythm and blues band King Pleasure and The Biscuit Boys will be performing in Warwick town centre on midsummer's day.
She had not had a hit record in nearly forty years, but her absence from the hit parade had done little or nothing to diminish her stature as one of the true giants of rhythm and blues music.
This festival will benefit the Rhythm & Blues Foundation, a not-for-profit organization founded in 1988 that fosters wider recognition, financial support, and historic and cultural preservation of rhythm and blues music through various grants and programs in support of artists of the 40s, 50s, and 60s.
After singing sacred music for a time, one of the original members, Henry Byrd, changed his style, left the group, and later became the legendary rhythm and blues pianist "Professor Longhair" (Abbott, Soproco 131).
The 2003 Pioneer Awards will honor solo artists, vocal groups, songwriters and producers whose work has contributed to the rhythm and blues art form.
It was rhythm and blues show biz designed to generate maximum excitement in a small club.
We plan to maximize our theme and play host to many of the local and regional rhythm and blues celebrations.