Planning In the spring of 1988, an educator from CDC, the local Child Development Center, asked if the Rhode Island School for the Deaf could help beautify their environment.
What does RISD stand for?
RISD stands for Rhode Island School for the Deaf
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of RISD
We have 15 other meanings of RISD in our Acronym Attic
- Rhode Island State Council of Churches (Providence, RI)
- Rhode Island Student Climate Coalition
- Rhode Island Stress and Coping Inventory
- Regent's International Study Centre London (Regent's College, UK; business study)
- Rhode Island Statewide Communications Network
- Reduced Instruction Set Computer Operating System
- Rhode Island Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Reliable Information Systems and Cyber Security Center (Boston Univeristy; Massachusetts)
- Research Institute for the Study of Conflict and Terrorism
- Risk Initiative and Statistical Consultancy Unit (University of Warwick; UK)
- Rhode Island School of Design (Providence, RI)
- Richardson Independent School District (Texas)
- Rivendell Interstate School District (Virginia and New Hampshire)
- Rock Island School District (Rock Island, Illinois)
- Rockwall Independent School District (Texas)
- Roswell Independent School District (New Mexico)
- Rwanda Initiative for Sustainable Development
- Rubber Industry Smallholders' Development Authority (Malaysia)
- Federal State Unitary Enterprise Russian Institute of Space Device Engineering (Moscow, Russia)
- Regional Indicative Strategic Development Plan
Samples in periodicals archive:
Background and goals The Rhode Island School for the Deaf was founded over a century ago to serve the hearing-impaired of Rhode Island.