The specific objectives are: (1) apply the Revised Universal Soil Loss Equation (RUSLE) model for the whole island, (2) compute soil loss estimates for the high-erosion areas (HEA) initially mapped, and (3) define a second approach for mapping of HEA and derive estimates of RUSLE soil loss for these HEA.
What does RUSLE stand for?
RUSLE stands for Revised Universal Soil Loss Equation
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of RUSLE in our Acronym Attic
- Remote Use of Shared Hardware
- Research Utilization Support and Help (National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research; Austin, TX)
- Rising Up Serving Him (ministry)
- Royal University of Scir-Hafoc (Columbia, MO)
- Regional Unit for Social and Human Sciences in Asia and the Pacific
- Republic of the United States of Indonesia
- Royal United Services Institute (UK)
- Rice University Summer Institute of Statistics (Texas)
- Rajarata University of Sri Lanka
- Rush University Simulation Laboratory (est. 2002; Chicago, IL)
- Rutgers University Student Linux User Group (New Jersey)
- Ross University School of Medicine (North Brunswick, NJ)
- Retired United States Marshals Association (Miami, FL)
- Rice University School Mathematics Project (Houston, TX)
- Rural Upgrade Support Organisation (Ghana)
- Reserve Unit Support Program (Canada)
- Rice Undergraduate Scholars Program (Rice University; Houston, TX)
- Rapid Urban Sector Profiling for Sustainability (United Nations)
- Reference & User Services Quarterly
- Radio User Specific Routing Number (Tetra Radio)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Every conservation plan written by the USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service has been based on soil erosion calculations derived from USLE or its successors, the Revised Universal Soil Loss Equation (RUSLE) and version 2 (RUSLE2).
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Seth Dabney is busy tweaking a soon-to-be-unveiled update of the Revised Universal Soil Loss Equation, Version 2 (RUSLE2), which moves the original equation ever further from its origins in the age of slide rules to the era of computing.
Renard KG, Forster GA, Weesies DK, McCool DK, Yoder DC (1997) 'Predicting soil erosion by water: A guide to conservation planning with the Revised Universal Soil Loss Equation.
Renard KG, Foster GR, Weesies GA, McCool DK, Yoder DC (1997) 'Predicting soil erosion by water: a guide to conservation planning with the revised universal soil loss equation (RUSLE).
Results from ARS computer simulation studies, using National Weather Service data and the CLIGEN model, proved consistent with those obtained using other prediction tools like the Revised Universal Soil Loss Equation.
1 (2nd edn) (Rosewell 1993), and RUSLE (the Revised Universal Soil Loss Equation of Renard et al.
After nearly a decade of work at more than 10 locations across the country, scientists have completed an erosion-stopping computer program known as RUSLE - Revised Universal Soil Loss Equation.