Baptists were just as active in the two major translation projects in England: the New English Bible and the Revised English Bible.
What does REB stand for?
REB stands for Revised English Bible
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of REB
We have 53 other meanings of REB in our Acronym Attic
- Rebounds (basketball)
- Reference Entry Balance (accounting)
- Regulerende Energie Belasting (Dutch: Regulatory Energy Tax)
- Reiger Erasure Bound
- Relativistic Electron Beam
- Relocatable Equipment Building
- Research Earth Borer
- Research Ethics Board
- Reverse Emulsion Breaker (oil cleanup chemical)
- Rochette Emballages Bois (French: Rochette Wood Packaging)
- Royal Exhibition Buildings (Melbourne, Australia)
- Ruimtelijk Economisch Beleid (Dutch: Spatial Economic Policy)
- Rural Electrification Board (Bangladesh)
- Russian Export Blend (crude oil)
- Relay Expansion Board 8 (Santa Ana, CA; Hirsch Electronics)
- Rapid Entire Body Assessment
- Real Estate and Business Agents (real estate and business transactions regulatory agency; Australia)
- Real Estate Bar Association (Boston, MA)
- Rechargeable EVA Battery Assembly
Samples in periodicals archive:
The New Revised Standard Version, the Revised English Bible, the New American Bible and the New Jerusalem Bible, all translate pro multis as "for many.
Whereas the first edition was tied to the New English Bible, this is based not on its successor, the Revised English Bible, (which was not an outstanding publishing success) but on the New Revised Standard Version.