Tests available to detect flu viruses include rapid influenza diagnostic tests (RIDTs), direct immunofluorescence assays (DFAs), and real-time reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction tests (rRT-PCRs).
What does RTPCR stand for?
RTPCR stands for Reverse Transcriptase Polymerase Chain Reaction
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RTPCR
We have 1 other meaning of RTPCR in our Acronym Attic
- Real Time Control Protocol
- Real-Time Polymerase Chain Reaction (also seen as RTP)
- Red Telefónica Pública Conmutada (Spanish: Public Switched Telephone Network)
- Remote Transmit Power Control
- Réseau Téléphonique Public Commutaté (French: Public Switched Telephone Network)
- Reseau Telephonique Public Commute (French: Public Switched Telephone Network; France)
- Rete Telefonica Pubblica Commutata (Italian: Public Service Telephone Network)
- Rapid Transport Protocol Control Block
- Regional Tobacco Prevention Coalition Coordinators (West Virginia)
- Real Time Polymerase Chain Reaction
- Remote Transfer Prohibited Control Retransmission Buffer
- Real Time Pricing-Day Ahead (utilities; Alabama)
- Real Time Process Determination (pharmaceutical industry)
- River Trails Park District (Mount Prospect, IL)
- Reading Proficiency Test in English
- Real-Time Position Engine (OpenLink)
- RealTime Price Engine (AnandTech)
- Regional Transit Planning Entity
- Regional Transportation Planning Entity
- Reverse Transcriptase Primer Extension
Samples in periodicals archive:
By realtime reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction, specific for an M gene of influenza A viruses, none of 659 duck samples and only 11 (0.
Detection of circulating mammary carcinoma cells in the peripheral blood of breast cancer patients via a nested reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction assay for mammaglobin mRNA.
Researchers are working on a reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction test that would be as sensitive to low-titer infections and be clinically relevant for sorting out difficult cases of conflicting serology results.
Reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR)  provides highly sensitive detection of mRNA sequences and has been used widely for the study of gene expression in malignant and physiological states (5, 6).
Using both immunoassay and reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) methods, the Company's scientists are continuing to refine the methods for detecting the NMP66 complex in the blood of women with breast cancer.
Choanal and/or cloacal swabs were obtained and submitted to Virginia's Division of Consolidated Laboratory Services (Richmond, VA, USA) for analysis with real-time reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR).
Laboratory diagnosis of SARS was obtained by reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) or serologic testing (4,5).