Months of intense retransmission consent negotiations were over.
What does RETRANS stand for?
RETRANS stands for Retransmission
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RETRANS
- Rural Electrification and Transmission Project (development project; Cambodia)
- Rytu Energetikos Tinklu Projektai (Lithuanian: Eastern Energy Network)
- Resonance Enhanced Two-Photon Ionization
- Retirement Processing
- Real Estate Training Queensland (Australia)
- Real Estate Transfer Return (Department of Revenue; Wisconsin)
- Relative Electron Transport Rate (photosynthesis)
- Returns the Expected Transfer (computing)
- Radio, Electrical and Television Retailers Association (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
NYSE: CVC) supported reform of the nation's retransmission consent laws and urged the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to exercise its statutory authority to protect consumers from programming blackouts.
Payment for retransmission rights is the most common holdup in contract negotiations, but broadcasters and cable providers can also tangle over many other small issues.
He ensures the task force tactical operations center (TOC)/FA battalion TOC or retransmission site (RETRANS) is located within the line-of-sight fan of the OP.
NEW YORK -- "We applaud today's announcement that the Commission will issue a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking to consider changes to the outdated retransmission consent rules.
announced today that it has reached additional agreements in principle on the basic economic terms of retransmission consent agreements with substantially all of its large cable operators completing to date a total of 27 agreements in principle involving approximately 3.
A handful of retransmission consent agreements between Arkansas television stations and cable operators were set to expire as the year came to a close.
There are technologies to reduce the impact of packet loss on storage applications by performing error recovery and retransmission at the IP packet level, resulting in less retransmitted data and quicker recovery.