This inhibition stopped the geographical atrophy in the retinal pigment epithelium, a key feature of dry AMD.
What does RPE stand for?
RPE stands for Retinal Pigment Epithelium
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RPE
We have 171 other meanings of RPE in our Acronym Attic
- Remote Program Execution
- Repair Parts Estimate
- Request for Product Enhancement
- Réseau Petite Enfance (French: Early Childhood Network)
- Réserve Pays Emergents (French: Emerging Country Reserve; intergovernmental loan)
- Résonance Paramagnétique Electronique (French: Paramagnetic Electronic Resonance)
- Respiratory Protective Equipment
- Restaurant Pro Express (software)
- Resume Producing Event (industry slang)
- Retail Price Equivalent (automobiles)
- Revenue per Email
- Revenue per Employee (financial management ratio)
- Revêtement Plastique Epais (French: Thick Plastic Coating)
- Reward Prediction Error (neurology)
- Rocket Propulsion Establishment (UK)
- Royal Penguin Empire (gaming group)
- RPE, Inc. (not an acronym; formerly Russet Potato Exchange; Bancroft, WI)
- Rules of Procedure and Evidence (International Criminal Court)
- Regular Pulse Excitation-Long Term Prediction (speech coding)
- Reporting by Public Entities Act (South Africa)
Samples in periodicals archive:
What vision specialists know is many eye diseases, including age-related macular degeneration (AMD), are caused by inflammation that damages the choroid and the accompanying cellular network known as the retinal pigment epithelium (RPE).
A genetically modified virus is used in the experimental therapy to smuggle healthy copies of the CHM gene into light-sensitive cells in the retina, and supporting tissue called retinal pigment epithelium.
Dietary antioxidants prevent age-related retinal pigment epithelium damage and blindness in mice lacking the[alpha]vI[sup.
Specific topics include the synthesis and metabolism of melatonin in the skin and retinal pigment epithelium, melatonin's effect on reproduction, melatonin in dentistry, using melatonin in anesthesia and surgery, controlling gastric secretion and preventing gastric mucosal lesions, decreased light transmittance because of aging and melatonin, melatonin and melanoma, and the melatonin modulation of vascular structure and function.
Retinal pigment epithelium cells will be injected into the eyes of 12 patients, who have a progressive form of blindness.
RP (retinis pigmentosa) is a type of progressive retinal dystrophy, a group of inherited disorders in which abnormalities of the photoreceptors (rods and cones) or the retinal pigment epithelium (RPE) of the retina lead to progressive visual loss.
Also included are chapters on the preparation and preservation of amniotic membrane to treat severe ocular surface diseases, the preparation and use of human sclera grafts in ophthalmic surgery, and culturing retinal pigment epithelium (RPE) cells for RPE banking.