trials are currently being conducted at four ophthalmic centers throughout the country, including Doheny Eye Institute at the University of Southern California, Wilmer Eye Institute at Johns Hopkins University in Maryland, the University of California at San Francisco, and the Retina Foundation of the Southwest in Texas.
What does RFSW stand for?
RFSW stands for Retina Foundation of the Southwest (Dallas, TX)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of RFSW
We have 3 other meanings of RFSW in our Acronym Attic
- Research Foundation for Science, Technology and Ecology (India)
- Ready for Start Up
- Regional Force Surveillance Unit (various nations)
- Riksförbundet För Sexuell Upplysning (Swedish organization for sexual enlightenment)
- Riksforbundet for Sexuell Upplysning (Swedish: National Association for Sexuality Education)
- Rugby Football Schools Union (UK)
- Research Foundation of State University of New York
- Radio Free South West
- Raised Face Socket Weld (pipe flange)
- Raised Face Solid Weld (pipe flange)
- Radio Frequency Tag
- Rat für Forschung und Technologieentwicklung (German: Austrian Council for Research and Technology Development)
- Rate-Based Fragmenting Thresholding
- Rational Functional Tester (Internet testing tool)
- Ready for Tasking (Boeing FIRST award fee criteria)
- Ready For Tests
- Ready For Training
- Reason for Transfer (schools)
- Recursive Function Theory (computational mathematics)
- Recycle Florida Today (Tallahassee, FL)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Published in the June 2003 Journal of Pediatrics, a recent study conducted by The Retina Foundation of the Southwest in Dallas, Texas, showed that infants breastfed for four to six months, then weaned to a DHA and ARA supplemented formula experienced significantly better visual acuity at one year of age than those infants fed the non-supplemented formula.
The study, conducted at the Retina Foundation of the Southwest, examined 61 healthy term infants who were breastfed from birth to between four and six months and then randomly weaned to formula supplemented with Martek's proprietary blend of DHA and ARA, or a formula without DHA and ARA but otherwise nutritionally similar.
Research conducted by the Retina Foundation of the Southwest suggests that providing DHA is beneficial for children beyond the prenatal and the immediate post-natal period.
Legacy Counseling Center National Kidney Foundation of North Texas Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas Retina Foundation of the Southwest Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children The La Sima Foundation, Inc.
chairman, president and chief executive officer of Acucela, along with collaborators from Retina Foundation of the Southwest and Otsuka Pharmaceutical, and details the first-time demonstration of a non-retinoid therapeutic in a convenient, oral pill form effectively targeting the visual cycle in a dose-dependent manner.
CONTACT New Friends New Life Creative Arts Center of Dallas Pre-GED School at the Cathedral Crow Collection of Asian Art Prevent Blindness Texas The da Vinci School Promise House Dallas Black Dance Theatre Rainbow Days Dallas Community Lighthouse Retina Foundation of the Southwest Dallas Theater Center The Salvation Army - DFW Metroplex Command Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program The Senior Source Dance Council of North Texas Shakespeare Dallas Educational First Steps The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza Family Gateway SoupMobile The Family Place The Stewpot Friends of Wednesday's Child TACA Genesis Women's Shelter Texans CAN
The study was conducted by researchers at the Retina Foundation of the Southwest.