Indeed, in 1920 the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Trusts declared that retail price maintenance was most definitely in the interests of the consumer because it guaranteed familiarity and prevented retailers from getting higher prices.
What does RPM stand for?
RPM stands for Retail Price Maintenance
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of RPM
We have 409 other meanings of RPM in our Acronym Attic
- Residential Property Management (Virginia Tech)
- Residential Property Manager
- Residual Potential Mapping (geophysical exploration and characterization method)
- Resilient Packet Mesh (Tropic Networks)
- Resource and Performance Management
- Resource Pool Management (Cisco)
- Resource Portfolio Management
- Resource Program Management
- Resource Provisioning Management
- Respublica Mediolanensis (Latin: Republic of Milan, Italy; codices and manuscripts)
- Retail Product Management
- Retro-Propulsion Module (NASA Galileo assembly)
- Revenue Passenger Miles (airlines)
- Revenue Per Thousand (ad impressions)
- Reverse Path Monitor
- Revolutions Per Minute
- Reynolds Private Managed Network (Reynolds and Reynolds)
- Rights Protection Mechanism (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers)
- Risk Portfolio Management
- Rock/Punk/Metal (music)
Samples in periodicals archive:
ONCE upon a time, there was something called Retail Price Maintenance (RPM).
It had lost much of its market share when Retail Price Maintenance was abolished.
The ending of Retail Price Maintenance was intended to encourage healthy competition.
The court has also noted that minimum retail price maintenance by new product sellers may be particularly pro-competitive, as minimum pricing by emerging brands is likely to increase inter-brand competition in competitive markets by allowing new brands to entice well-reputed retailers to "make the kind of investment of capital [i.
With the minimum retail price maintenance regime, Toyota limited or eradicated dealers' ability to offer discounts, the commission said.
The notion of competition between the embryonic self-service stores was proposed as a means of scuppering retail price maintenance and restrictive practices on limitation of outlets.
This, combined with a falling death rate, the removal of retail price maintenance from pharmacy products, bed blocking in the NHS, and intensified competition in food retailing, has ensured that this has been one of the most difficult years in the history of the society.