1,11) Severe forms of restrictive lung disease with severely reduced pulmonary compliance necessitated the development of the fractional inspired oxygen (Fi[O.
What does RLD stand for?
RLD stands for Restrictive Lung Disease
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RLD
We have 77 other meanings of RLD in our Acronym Attic
- Red Letter Day
- Red Light District
- Reference Listed Drug (drug used to compare effects and safety with trial drug FDA)
- Refrigerant Leak Detector
- Relocation Dictionary
- Remote LAN Dial
- Remote Line Device
- Remote Location Device
- Republique Libre du Design (French: Free Design Republic)
- Required Load Date
- Robert Louis-Dreyfus (Swiss-French businessman)
- Roni Lynn Deutch (Tax Debt Resolution Law Firm)
- Rail Land Development Authority (Ministry of Railways; India)
- Random Logical Topology Design Algorithm
- Regularized Linear Discriminant Analysis
- Relativistic Local-Density Approximation
- Research Laboratory of Design Automation (Russia)
- Road Load Data Acquisition (vehicle measurement)
Samples in periodicals archive:
2] was referred to Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas with a diagnosis of a restrictive lung disease of unknown etiology.
It may be that an isolated low DLCO with a normal chest CT is an indication of early ILD, or perhaps pulmonary hypertension, but a larger study with longer follow-up will be required to learn whether, in fact, an isolated low DLCO in the setting of dermatomyositis predicts progression to restrictive lung disease.
A lot of our older patients have other problems, such as heart failure, hypertension and restrictive lung disease, so we are very aggressive about getting medical clearance and optimizing control of their other problems," she added.
The purpose of this paper was to compare the muscle volume, intramuscular fat infiltration, and strength of individual muscle groups of the thigh, and muscle endurance of the quadriceps in people with COPD and restrictive lung disease who were recipients of lung transplants (lung transplant group) to those who had not undergone lung transplant (COPD group).
In South Tyneside the respiratory team look after patients with a wide variety of respiratory conditions, including obstructive sleep apnea, tuberculosis and restrictive lung diseases.
Since difficult intubation has been reported (1) and obstructive sleep apnoea and restrictive lung disease have been described (2), regional anaesthesia may be considered an attractive option for patients with achondroplasia.
This preliminary finding from a retrospective observational study raises the intriguing possibility that statins might be able to prevent or at least slow progression of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or restrictive lung disease in smokers and former smokers, noted Dr.